OEM parts sourcing? (manifold/gaskets)

Started by BahnStormer, February 13, 2020, 17:37

BahnStormer

I'm wary of sourcing parts from Fleabay and happy to support forum sponsors, but I've been trying to get something ordered from TCB for nearly two months now and still haven't made much progress, so I'm open to suggestions...

I'm after the usual manifold studs, nuts and gaskets:
Nuts 90179-08228 (x5)
Studs 90126-08043 (x5)​
Nuts 90179-10070 (x3)​
Studs 90116-10146 (x3)
Gasket Head-to-Manifold 17173-22010?
Crush-rings 90917-06065? (x2 although I think this PN is for the pair)

I had a look elsewhere on the internet and I've found the parts at MR2Ben, but we're looking at nearly £100 - does that sound right - especially the £43 for the set of 5 nuts and studs?
You cannot view this attachment.
Black 2006: AC & heated leather: 4x Megillian braces, Koni/Tein custom suspension, MTEC+YS+braided brakes, Toyosports manifold, TTE exhaust, Conti PremiumContact2(summer)/ Conti TS860S(winter) / YokoAD08RS (track/summer), Pioneer MVH-390BT + TS-E171ci, FBSW, Robbins mohair hood.

BahnStormer

Black 2006: AC & heated leather: 4x Megillian braces, Koni/Tein custom suspension, MTEC+YS+braided brakes, Toyosports manifold, TTE exhaust, Conti PremiumContact2(summer)/ Conti TS860S(winter) / YokoAD08RS (track/summer), Pioneer MVH-390BT + TS-E171ci, FBSW, Robbins mohair hood.

Gaz mr-s

BahnStormer

Quote from: BahnStormer on February 13, 2020, 17:37I'm wary of sourcing parts from Fleabay and happy to support forum sponsors, but I've been trying to get something ordered from TCB for nearly two months now and still haven't made much progress, so I'm open to suggestions...

I'm after the usual manifold studs, nuts and gaskets:
Nuts 90179-08228 (x5)
Studs 90126-08043 (x5)​
Nuts 90179-10070 (x3)​
Studs 90116-10146 (x3)
Gasket Head-to-Manifold 17173-22010?
Crush-rings 90917-06065? (x2 although I think this PN is for the pair)

I had a look elsewhere on the internet and I've found the parts at MR2Ben, but we're looking at nearly £100 - does that sound right - especially the £43 for the set of 5 nuts and studs?
You cannot view this attachment.

Paul came through for me this morning and he's 30% cheaper than MR2Ben... if he can deliver in the next week or so, then well worth the saving (and supporting a forum sponsor!!).

I'll update on progress.

househead

In my experience TCB orders are usually next day or day after. Great service and fair prices!

My engine bay support rod retainer clip thingy is broke ... mr2ben is charging £8.99 for that tiny bit of plastic!
2004 Sable Red Edition, TTE Twin Exhaust, Toyosports Manifold

Ardent

Didn't even know you could get them.
Want (need)

Gaz mr-s

Some people use a little flat magnet.

Ardent

househead

Quote from: Gaz mr-s on February 14, 2020, 16:43Some people use a little flat magnet.

Nice idea.

Mine is not totally broke, just one of the arms. It still kind of sits there.

It being slightly broken annoys me though, I'm strange like that  :))

ManInDandism

I just went to the Toyota Official Store on eBay, filled in the required details in the 'Contact Us section (under the 'Enquire here' tab) and then listed the required part numbers as taken from the EPC.  They then sent an email with the prices, and once I confirmed I wanted them, they set up new listings for items that did not already exist.

£70 worth of nuts and bolts with free delivery in 2 days (need to spend min of £30).

It seems that prices are the prices and there is not any real way of getting them cheaper if you want new ones, so I just bit the bullet.

The last time I did this, I ordered over the phone from the local Mr T and then went to collect.  A miserable place a good few miles away and with almost nowhere to park on a Saturday, so thought I'd save myself the hassle! 
Black 2004 Roadster
Previous: Black 1994 Mk2 Turbo

Ardent

Quote from: househead on February 14, 2020, 17:07
Quote from: Gaz mr-s on February 14, 2020, 16:43Some people use a little flat magnet.

Nice idea.

Mine is not totally broke, just one of the arms. It still kind of sits there.

It being slightly broken annoys me though, I'm strange like that  :))
Exactly the same here.

Ardent

Ardent

ordered despite compatibility saying no.

Oh dear. Grape juice - internet - credit card

right where next bug eyed emoji

househead

Quote from: Ardent on February 14, 2020, 22:55ordered despite compatibility saying no.

Oh dear. Grape juice - internet - credit card

right where next bug eyed emoji

Me too!

I fly in the face of the eBay compatibility check. Have faith.

(And if it all goes tits up, we've only lost two quid)

Tags: