Anyone got a JOBD scan tool for sale?

Started by JB21, June 28, 2021, 18:36

JB21

Fitted my Corolla 2ZZ JDM ECU and there's a EML light on. Tried configuring torque pro protocols but I can't get it to read codes or show sensor data, although it does logs GPS data.

You can get a JOBD scanner of ebay for £40 but I know the code will be something irrelevant as the ECU has an extra set of pins, presumably for the Toyota Viz as it shares the same ECU. On the other hand I don't want to give it full beans with knowing the error code.

Don't suppose someone has one lying around they don't require?

Ardent

Deep dusty wibbly memory alert.

Sure I read there is a way torque Pro can communicate.
Need to tell it somehow or somewhere.
Alter some txt line or something.

JB21

Quote from: Ardent on June 28, 2021, 20:07Deep dusty wibbly memory alert.

Sure I read there is a way torque Pro can communicate.
Need to tell it somehow or somewhere.
Alter some txt line or something.

Tried it mate. It just won't work, it gets to the last step of checking model and fails to connect.

Ardent

The Other Stu

I'm having a go with the CPC one as it's able to read both OBDII and JODB.
https://cpc.farnell.com/velleman-instruments/aobd2/universal-obd-ii-eobd-reader/dp/IN07773

The one mentioned above is coming on a very slow boat from China. CPC will be here probably tomorrow or Thursday.

If you're coming Saturday, I'll bring it with me (if indeed it does turn up) and you can have a play. No doubt someone else will have one.

The Other Stu

Quote from: The Other Stu on June 29, 2021, 09:26I'm having a go with the CPC one as it's able to read both OBDII and JODB.
https://cpc.farnell.com/velleman-instruments/aobd2/universal-obd-ii-eobd-reader/dp/IN07773

The one mentioned above is coming on a very slow boat from China. CPC will be here probably tomorrow or Thursday.

If you're coming Saturday, I'll bring it with me (if indeed it does turn up) and you can have a play. No doubt someone else will have one.
In case anyone else wants to try, didn't work. Sent back.

Tags: