Guess the quote?

Started by Chilli Girl, June 25, 2021, 18:17

Chilli Girl

Well, I took her over to the local Bodyshop place near my work, Bernie goes there so I knew they were good.  Well, I asked for an estimate and within 1.5hrs it was emailed to me.  So the work entails:-

Remove and prepare and respray front and rear bumpers.
Clean up rust on sill edges on near side and respray.
Machine polish the complete car.

Winner gets the packet of chocolate biscuits that I won recently! ;)  :o Or a go in a very heavily braced MR-S at Ding Day ;)
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

Ardent

To start things off with an utter guess.

£800

Chilli Girl

I don't believe it Jase, bang on, well plus VAT actually. ;) No ride in Sapphire though as we won't be seeing you sadly.  Biscuits will have to do ;)
Well, that game didn't last very long!

Next question?  Do I do it or don't I? :o
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

Joesson

I was thinking the quote was for your Mum's car.
Has the felon confessed, promised to make good or other?

Chilli Girl

No still waiting for poor Mum's car's quote but on a more positive note her neighbour has said again that she would pay however much it costs for the repair.  Funny enough, she told Mum only today that she has 36k in her current account so Mum being Mum said oh well then it'll cost 35k.  For an almost 89 year old, she's quick off the mark! So there's no shortage of cash from the neighbour! 

Topdownman

I guess the best way is to get some quotes from other places to see how they compare. If Bernie goes there then you should expect a tip top job so worth a higher price for known quality!

PS I hope @Ardent has changed his mind and is coming to Ding Day!
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Bernie

I can totally recommend Paul at BSA he does a great job

He's just quoted me £1,000 + VAT for my Avantime rear tailgate, rear bumper and bonnet touch up some chips along door edges etc and mop and polish the complete car

You cannot view this attachment.

Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

Bernie

Not forgetting the work on the TTE bumper turning silver into black

Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

Ardent

Quote from: Chilli Girl on June 25, 2021, 18:30I don't believe it Jase, bang on, well plus VAT actually. ;) No ride in Sapphire though as we won't be seeing you sadly.  Biscuits will have to do ;)
Well, that game didn't last very long!

Next question?  Do I do it or don't I? :o
Biscuits fine by me; subject to unknown allergies.
In reply to your second question. Yes.
Unless; the same funds could be better utilized in supporting an otherwise unknown habit. Such as.
Alcohol, drugs, gambling, golf, fishing, football, prostitution or the deepest of deep rabbit holes, crafting. (QVC)

Chilli Girl

Quote from: Bernie on June 25, 2021, 21:04I can totally recommend Paul at BSA he does a great job

He's just quoted me £1,000 + VAT for my Avantime rear tailgate, rear bumper and bonnet touch up some chips along door edges etc and mop and polish the complete car

Hmmm, your quote seems better than mine but I suppose you've been a good customer in the past. Paul doesn't know me from Adam! Was expecting around £600 mark for my little 2.

Joesson

Quote from: Chilli Girl on June 25, 2021, 19:30No still waiting for poor Mum's car's quote but on a more positive note her neighbour has said again that she would pay however much it costs for the repair.  Funny enough, she told Mum only today that she has 36k in her current account so Mum being Mum said oh well then it'll cost 35k.  For an almost 89 year old, she's quick off the mark! So there's no shortage of cash from the neighbour! 

Hopefully all will be well, I was thinking that the other driver was a man, perhaps because when a similar incident happened to my (Company) car it was a male driver. I was in the car, it was quite a whack but he drove off!

StuC

Quote from: Chilli Girl on June 25, 2021, 18:17Well, I took her over to the local Bodyshop place near my work, Bernie goes there so I knew they were good.  Well, I asked for an estimate and within 1.5hrs it was emailed to me.  So the work entails:-

Remove and prepare and respray front and rear bumpers.
Clean up rust on sill edges on near side and respray.
Machine polish the complete car.

Winner gets the packet of chocolate biscuits that I won recently! ;)  :o Or a go in a very heavily braced MR-S at Ding Day ;)

£750
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

puma2

:) hay Jane have you thought of a full wrap in any Colour you like Sahara sun  ;D  ;D
part wrap with a mix colour  could work  :)  :) 

Tags: