Alarm sounding!

Started by Chilli Girl, June 13, 2021, 13:22

Chilli Girl

Well, Sapphi the MR-S decided to sound her alarm at 2.02am for no apparent reason.  Dashed downstairs and stopped it but no doubt the neighbours woke up, it's far louder than Foxy's was.  The MR-S has a Toad alarm, I do hope a frog didn't get in and they were having a scrap :o Anyhow, I'm pleased to report there were no signs of illegal entry. It started fine this morning and ran again very smoothly for the 10 miles I drove.

I won't be popular if it goes off tonight again!  I wonder still if it was a cat that had jumped up although no sign of paw marks anywhere :-\

@jonbill - did you ever experience this?  :o
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

StuC

I guess you could try abs simulate some likely movements to test what set it off?
Just to see how sensitive it is. As it's not an OE fit for the MR-S I think there might be some head scratching.
Where are the sensors? @Chilli Girl
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Chilli Girl

No idea Stu, hopefully @jonbill maybe able to answer that. :'(
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

StuC

Quote from: Chilli Girl on June 13, 2021, 13:45No idea Stu, hopefully @jonbill maybe able to answer that. :'(

Nothing obviously different to a stock car? 🤷‍♂️

Fairly sure the stock one is on the rear panel behind the seats.
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Chilli Girl

The actual Toad alarm is positioned in the engine bay.  I think in the Uk version it's where the spare wheel is under the frunk.

jonbill

it has happened to me a couple of times, mainly in Salford when footballs land on it.
I blame cats. or possibly spiders.
if you blip the lock button twice, it should disable the movement/pressure/whatever sensors in the cabin. @Chilli Girl 🤞

Tags: