Passenger- side Electric Window Issues

Started by Gibla, June 12, 2021, 13:16

Gibla

Not operating up or down :- not even attempting to move, so doesn't appear to be a mechanical issue.

Other than a duff fuse any quick and simple remedies offered?

Previous owner had pointed this out - his comments(abridged)

'
After checking fuses etc and finding no issues I continued with the switch by the handbrake and eventually by gently rocking it, the window went up so I guessed a issue with the switch itself.'
stock 2001 Dark Green MR-S (6R4)

Joesson

Quote from: Gibla on June 12, 2021, 13:16Not operating up or down :- not even attempting to move, so doesn't appear to be a mechanical issue.

Other than a duff fuse any quick and simple remedies offered?

Previous owner had pointed this out - his comments(abridged)

'
After checking fuses etc and finding no issues I continued with the switch by the handbrake and eventually by gently rocking it, the window went up so I guessed a issue with the switch itself.'

You are aware of the operation of the "Passenger window disable switch"  ?

Otherwise I would try temporarily stopping the switch with the drivers window. If it then works get a replacement sepwitch.

Gibla

Quote from: Joesson on June 12, 2021, 13:24You are aware of the operation of the "Passenger window disable switch"  ?

Hangs head in shame, now on the 24 hr naughty step ......it's working again!!

Many thanks @Joesson

shnazzle

...neutiquam erro.

Chilli Girl

Quote from: Gibla on June 12, 2021, 13:36
Quote from: Joesson on June 12, 2021, 13:24You are aware of the operation of the "Passenger window disable switch"  ?

Hangs head in shame, now on the 24 hr naughty step ......it's working again!!

Many thanks @Joesson

Don't worry, I did a similar thing when I got Foxy in Jan 2016, I wondered why the side vent wasn't working - put a post up on here and realised I'd got the control on "closed off" mode!  What a bl—-dy fool I felt!
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

Gibla

For all of my sins Jane @Chilli Girl (of which there are many) I would rather admit to errors and faux-pas rather than 'winging it' or outright denial. 

ucb

After a trip out to York this week, my passenger window has also ceased to function.
There I was contemplating fuse replacements, trim removal and switch exchanges, because it is a 21 year old car and things do fail.
But I see my bubble is burst and I simply have to go out and flick another switch.....

ucb

Switch flocked and car back to perfect.....
Bloody Japanese reliability.
A friend had a Midget and a Merc W115 sat in his garage which have both spent significant time off the road. But me, no. I get bloody perfect functioning and action. When will this ignominy end????
😤
🤔
😁

virginpaul

Need to get rid of that daft functioning switch and use it for some5way more satisfying....

https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=5453.0

Tags: