Post cat (bottom) sensor change.

Started by Frank Rabbets, May 27, 2021, 13:42

Frank Rabbets

I have this little job to do and need a tip on tracing the wire from sensor to it's plug to the loom. Looking from engine side it looks like it comes from the sensor and disappears behind the wheel arch splash guard. Do I have to take the splash guard out to trace the wire?
Tried search on here but failed.

Thanks in advance
Frank

jonbill

from memory, the plug is accessible up by the left rear light

Frank Rabbets

Thanks, cable looks like is tied/fixed behind the splash guard though?

Carolyn

Quote from: jonbill on May 27, 2021, 13:48from memory, the plug is accessible up by the left rear light

Correct.
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

tricky1138

Quote from: Frank Rabbets on May 27, 2021, 13:49Thanks, cable looks like is tied/fixed behind the splash guard though?

Think its fixed to the rear crash bar.
2004 FL, Black, Matt Brace, Team Dynamics Monza R, Tein Springs, TTE Exhaust, heated black leather seats, black leather armrest,  Zunsport grills, Midship front badge,  TRD spoiler, Halo DRLs with LED fogs, large clear wind defector, Krissg kick panels,  small mongos.

Joesson

Iirc I removed the near side rear light to get access to release a clip that was holding that sensor cable.

normanh

Pops the clip off they are simply push fit but tight, you get new clips fitted to the lead with the sensor supplied by www.sparkplugs.co.uk. Cut the cable off to remove and use a 22mm deep socked and bar, to reinstall use a sensor socket light pressure as per changing a spark plug. No paste on the threads required as it comes pre-coated. A good squirt of penetrating oil can hep removing the old one. Access is by removing the nearside rear light a very easy job , when removed it all becomes clear, the socket is attached to the coolant header tank.

Best tip I had was always use a 6 point socket , you get a better grip on the sensor!

Just completed the change here and learnt a lot of tips from my son

Tags: