Rear DropLinks - What Length are they?

Started by HeLikedTheTuna, May 3, 2021, 20:07

HeLikedTheTuna

Hi There,

I'm looking to order rear drop links as I'm changing the springs/shocks next weekend. The only issue is that I'm being offered different lengths depending on the brand when using the same OE number (that I got from Japan-parts.eu)

Febi/Herth&Buss/SWAG = 199/200mm

Delphi/Moog/Blueprint = 225-230mm

Would anyone know from experience why some brands are offering circa 200mm and others 225-230mm? And which length is correct?

I have a 2002 PFL.

virginpaul

I think I have my old standard rear links I removed from my 05 FL to replace with long bolted units (post updated Whiteline rear Anti Roll Bars) in the shed.  Will try and measure the centre to centre distance tomorrow.

HeLikedTheTuna

Quote from: virginpaul on May  6, 2021, 23:03I think I have my old standard rear links I removed from my 05 FL to replace with long bolted units (post updated Whiteline rear Anti Roll Bars) in the shed.  Will try and measure the centre to centre distance tomorrow.

I appreciate it Paul but it's ok. I climbed under the car yesterday and had a look. 230mm is what I need. They are ordered and all.

Many thanks anyway! :D

virginpaul

No worries.

As I was in the man cave anyway I measured mine and it's 200mm centre to centre as measured on the rear of the ball joints.  (The overall length which is a bit irrelevant as it will vary depending on the size of the ball housings is 230mm)

This is from a Mk3 FL 2005.

Have fun replacing them - hacksaw at the ready if they've been in for any length of time.

Paul

Tags: