Seats

Started by Bad Dog, November 25, 2020, 21:54

Bad Dog

Seems like a few people are fitting Celica seats to their 2's. What is the main reason for this ? Only had mine for a week but am finding it hard to get a completely comfortable driving position. Do the Celica seats have lumbar adjusters ? and what module/ year Celica do they come out of ? Tia

LeRich

I'm follow this thread with interest. I like the idea of Celica seats too but wonder if they are bulkier than MR2 seats or whether you sit higher in them.

Gaz mr-s

Some people don't like the 2's seats.  The gen 7 Celica's are better quality, some like them. Transfer onto 2 rails & bolt in.

Other choices are Honda seats... S2000, not sure about others.  Mazda RX8 are another choice.

Bossworld

I believe the Celica seats, sit slightly higher.  Possibly means they've got more padding for a longer journey, might make it even harder to get your legs under the wheel depending on height.

EDIT: Wow, what a non-commital post lol

Topdownman

Pretty sure it is the 7th (final) generation celica that people fit.
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Call the midlife!

I know Dick had a nice pair of grey/blue ones for sale yesterday, already on rails, if I'd not spent so much effort ruining mine with red dye during lockdown I'd have had them myself.
60% of the time it works everytime...

Beachbum957

We have seats from a 2001 Celica GT and they are the same seat height as the MR2 seats.  The bottom seat cushions seem to be the same, but the backs are different.  They are slightly wider, particularly at the shoulders and seem to be padded differently.  They are more comfortable.

thetyrant

Having recently sat in both celica gen7 190 seats and Honda S2000 FL seats i felt the MR2 stock leather seats in my FL car better in every way and no point changing to either of those, im a short arse though so thats a factor but for me the stock seats work fairly well and the height adjustment a real bonus, i can wind it down low for track use and little extra lateral thigh support (not much but it all helps) and wind it up higher again for road use for better visibility.

Im fussy on seats and often chop and change to find something suitable, for me the only area stock seats let me down is on track with lack of proper lateral support when really pushing on, although not terrible and with harness on its acceptable enough but will probably change to something with more of that in future, recently tried to fit in some rigid buckets but just couldnt get them work for me, probably end up with Recaro SR's from early Evo or Integra DC2 etc which fit me perfect, pricey or tatty these days though :( 
Ex-2005 roadster  owner, i will be back :D

Jamtastic

Quote from: Beachbum957 on November 26, 2020, 12:32We have seats from a 2001 Celica GT and they are the same seat height as the MR2 seats.  The bottom seat cushions seem to be the same, but the backs are different.  They are slightly wider, particularly at the shoulders and seem to be padded differently.  They are more comfortable.

Definitely agree. I'm 6'1'' and 16 stone. When my commute lengthened last year I swapped out to a nice set of leather Celica seats. ( I used to own one) Rails are a straight swap.

Tags: