Do Pre-FL headlights fit the FL?

Started by JB21, October 29, 2020, 12:37

JB21

Cant find any FL headlights for sale so may have to buy some pre-FL units. Question is do they fit the FL set up, or are the wires/plugs different?

Chilli Girl

Pretty sure they are different????
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

thetyrant

Wiring is different i believe but bolt in same just need to sort wires, sure someone who knows more details will be along soon.

Has Dick SLoan not got any FL lights ?
Ex-2005 roadster  owner, i will be back :D

JB21

Quote from: thetyrant on October 29, 2020, 12:45Wiring is different i believe but bolt in same just need to sort wires, sure someone who knows more details will be along soon.

Not sure mate, I'll give him a try now.

cptspaulding

Quote from: JB21 on October 29, 2020, 12:46
Quote from: thetyrant on October 29, 2020, 12:45Wiring is different i believe but bolt in same just need to sort wires, sure someone who knows more details will be along soon.

Not sure mate, I'll give him a try now.
I'm pretty sure Dick will sell the lights with a bit of the loom clipped of so you can splice in the wiring if required.
Former owner 2003, 2zz conversion.

Joesson

@JB21
From what I've read on here the PFL and FL lights are different. The PFL of course is Black, the FL is Silver and requires additional wiring to fit on a PFL car, so going the other way, PFL lights on a FL should mean there is an excess of wires available.

And I've just been reminded by Mr Mischief @StuC that there  were/ are also Orange lights !

JB21

Sourced one from Dick Slone for £90 delivered.

Tags: