Is this standard ride height?

Started by treeroy, October 8, 2020, 16:36

treeroy

Can I get some opinions please, on my car's ride height?

It looks like a standard ride height to my eyes. I would quite like to lower the car in future for added #stance. But I've been looking at pictures online and pictures of stock PFL cars... they look like they ride higher than mine.
I saw a thread on here of someone who had put Tein springs on his (or her!) car. The 'before' pic looked higher than mine, and the 'after' looked similar height to my car.

I don't know anyone with an MR2 to compare it to.

Do you think this is standard ride height?

treeroy

also WOW I hadn't realised how different the paint is on the rear bumper ! lol

Chilli Girl

I would say that's lower than standard. Mine is stock, your rear end definately looks lower. ;)
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

Joesson

My un molested 02 measures 160 mm from ground to underside of the sill flange in the middle of the car length.

Chilli Girl

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

Actually, I can't say yours looks a lot different to mine now? There not great pics with them taken at an angle.
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

treeroy

Quote from: Joesson on October  8, 2020, 16:43My un molested 02 measures 160 mm from ground to underside of the sill flange in the middle of the car length.
Useful! I'll get out a tape when I am home from work.

Joesson

Quote from: treeroy on October  8, 2020, 16:49
Quote from: Joesson on October  8, 2020, 16:43My un molested 02 measures 160 mm from ground to underside of the sill flange in the middle of the car length.
Useful! I'll get out a tape when I am home from work.

Typically, from my reading on here, lowering springs drop the car by around 30mm.

s12vea

From the pictures I would say yes it's lowered
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

Joesson

Quote from: Chilli Girl on October  8, 2020, 16:46You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

Actually, I can't say yours looks a lot different to mine now? There not great pics with them taken at an angle.

Whereas the "Gulf" in the background is definitely lowered.

Chilli Girl

Yes, that one certainly is lowered!  Answer to your question, I think yours is definitely lowered from your pics.

Topdownman

Could also be knackered springs but does look lower.

Worth trying to see what colour the springs are too under the mud as green, yellow or red would definitely be  lowering springs.

Stock springs are black (but I am not sure if there are any black lowering springs available?).
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

moredun

The green MR2 at this point was 100% stock    :-\

Winner of the Numb bum award 2019

treeroy

Quote from: moredun on October  8, 2020, 21:50The green MR2 at this point was 100% stock    :-\

Thanks - looks pretty much the same I would say?

I did try having a look at the colour of the springs - @Topdownman - that was my first thought. But I couldn't really see much and they're caked in dirt. Might try getting a wheel off and having a proper look at some point when I can.

tets

Quote from: Topdownman on October  8, 2020, 17:41Could also be knackered springs but does look lower.

Worth trying to see what colour the springs are too under the mud as green, yellow or red would definitely be  lowering springs.

Stock springs are black (but I am not sure if there are any black lowering springs available?).

My TTE ones are black with the TTE letters in white on them

treeroy

I've just measured, and mine is approx 130mm ride height. I guess that settles it then... as most springs do lower by around 30mm.

It does sit nicely. But I was looking forward to lowering it more :) as I think it could do with being a little bit lower by 10-20mm.

I will have to get wheel off at some point and have a poke around. Jacking car up isn't very easy for me to do at home so I will save this thought for another day.

Mr2paul

I hope you don't have speed bumps then 😄, I knew someone with a v6 Clio which was very nice, but he couldn't get to his daughters house! Didn't have it long 🤔
Learning is good. Failing to learn is not an option

Tags: