Bit by bit.

Started by kwnelson, September 28, 2020, 00:00

kwnelson

Recently replaced rocker gasket, timing chain tensioner "O" ring, accessories belt A/C , and fitted engine and frunk gas struts.  about 50% success, rocker gasket found leaking, nipped it up, OK.   "O" ring, [bought from Toyota Northallerton] still leaking, may have to seal round under cap to cure this!
  Engine lid gas strut perfect, frunk strut binding, slight missfit offside of bonnet, needs sorting.    accessories belt OK, Hence 50%.  Now the weather is getting better for what have you have done to your car, wish me luck.    To do: replace rear tyres, refix hardtop. {she doesn't have a garage] hope to be 100% with these latter items!
Silver FL 2004 bog standard with TTE,.   H/T On    S/T Perfect

Ardent

Hopefully @Carolyn will be a long shortly with a solution regards one aspect.

Carolyn

Kw: PM me with your address and I'll send an O ring that does the job.
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

kwnelson

Got the O ring for the timing chain tensioner, which was kindly sent FOC by Carolyn, must remember this when it comes to voting time, fitted it today, when swapping O rings the old one had a rough chunk chewed out of it, so before roughing the cylinder I found  the oil hole entering the cylinder was rough to the touch of my little pinky, gave this area more attention, a bit heavier with the fine grit wet and dry, and completed the assembly, with a dab of wheel cylinder paint to complete the seal, Bext!

Silver FL 2004 bog standard with TTE,.   H/T On    S/T Perfect

Tags: