Car is working...,.thank you

Started by David59, July 30, 2020, 19:50

David59

A replacement ECU and keyfob turned up from Dick Sloan this afternoon.
Plugged it in...changed keys over and reconnected the battery.
Car fired up first time...well chuffed.
I must admit I was getting a bit down in the dumps about the MR2 plus earache from Mrs D about why it was just sitting on the drive.
The advice and help I got from you lot has been great...,don't know why I didn't come to you earlier.
I'm now tasked with putting everything I ripped out back together but at least all the screws are in a jam jar....somewhere!!  :o
Got to get the Stag finished now but hopefully I understand it's mechanics a bit better.
Speak soon and thank you
David

shnazzle

It's been fun watching the progress to a successful end. 
Thanks for your patience and trusting in the Club, and thank you for joining.

Now for the driving!
...neutiquam erro.

Carolyn

I love it when a plan comes together. (As she sucks on a fat cigar...)
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

Ardent

Quote from: Carolyn on July 30, 2020, 20:21I love it when a plan comes together. (As she sucks on a fat cigar...)
Special credit to yourself for this one.
A 3rd Perry B award in one move. If you hadn't already removed yourself.

paulj

As is our want around here, you could become the car starting and ECU group expert as you have had the most recent success. (At work on some national groups it's easy to run the risk of becoming a national expert simple because you know a little more than others). Keep posting your adventures with the 2 and shout up with queries or suggestions.
Today
2000 x reg pfl - blue - as original no mods
In the late 1980's
1982 x reg Toyota Corolla Liftback Coupe (also blue)
1978 s reg Mitsubishi Celeste Coupe (yellow)

David59

Just been reading the How to section
Is it possible to reprogramme my old transponder now using the transponder that Dick Sloan sent me as a master?

Ardent

not sure if I'm missing something here.

Never done it. So have my asbestos underpants on eady for the flames.

I don't think you need to re programme anything. Just swap the gubbins out of "dicks" key into you original key.

David59

It's me.. I didn't explain it very well
Dick only sent me I one key transponder

Joesson

I'm pretty sure that is what the "How to " is describing.
Over time, as with my car, one key gets broken or lost and then there is one. A spare is useful and so the idea is to obtain another working key either from MrT at great cost or from a scrapped car, as you have.
The replacement is then reprogrammed to suit with a "ritual dance " as described in the how to.
There are several posts on here relating how the key blade is obtained.
My one transponder key was broken and I took the blade and electronics from that and put it into an eBay flip key case.
I believe you could do similarly with a valet key blade, the spare electronics and a flip key or standard case from eBay and then reprogram the new assembly.

paulj

Yes you can programme new keys using the how to guides.  A couple of practical points to bear in mind are the limits of paired items that the system allows.  The remote locking system only allows 4x keys to be paired, one of the dances tells you how many are paired, so you might have to erase all and start again.  The immobiliser is less fussy but does have a limit of, i think, 15x keys....
Today
2000 x reg pfl - blue - as original no mods
In the late 1980's
1982 x reg Toyota Corolla Liftback Coupe (also blue)
1978 s reg Mitsubishi Celeste Coupe (yellow)

Tags: