Reverse beep

Started by Rushy67, July 23, 2020, 17:29

Rushy67

I have posted this in the audio/electrical section as well but feel that more members may see it in this section. Apologies if I have contravened the rules.
I realise removing the reverse gear "beep" is possible and has been covered in this forum. But is it possible to deactivate the the reverse beeper but STILL keep the lights on and seat belt warning beeps.
The reason behind this, I wish to fit reversing sensors. Do not want to fit a camera as I do not wish to change original stereo unit or have a camera screen either on in in a corner of the dash.

Gaz mr-s

Lower steering wheel. Grasp instrument binnacle & tug, comes off straight towards you. Remove 3 black crosshead screws. (easy to drop, but they usually end up on the carpet)
Put a small towel or similar over the steering column to protect the clear plastics.  Pull gauges forward & tilt down.
As you look, r/hand side is a white plug. Top row, three from left is (from memory) a red with blue stripe. Cut it.

If you'd like rid of the door opening bing with key in ignition too, ask. 

gazza1286

The reverse beep on this car is not linked in any way the operation of the reverse lights. The reason it was provided was to avoid an accident if the driver inadvertently selected reverse instead of first when pulling away.

The driving sensor kit I use is wired into the reverse lights and has its own beeper.

So feel free to disable the reverse beep using any method you've read up on.

BahnStormer

The reverse beep is mildly annoying.... until you accidentally slot it into reverse as you're about to floor it off at traffic lights with a Bentley Bentayga so close it looked like a 'roided up London taxi resting on the rear deck... now it's just a mild reminder as to why they put it on the FL cars and that I've just selected the even lower ratio gear adjacent to first....

On the negative side... if I didn't have the reverse beep, I'm sure I could have made the Bentayga look a bit less ugly....
Black 2006: AC & heated leather: 4x Megillian braces, Koni/Tein custom suspension, MTEC+YS+braided brakes, Toyosports manifold, TTE exhaust, Conti PremiumContact2(summer)/ Conti TS860S(winter) / YokoAD08RS (track/summer), Pioneer MVH-390BT + TS-E171ci, FBSW, Robbins mohair hood.

Tags: