sudden beeping whilst driving

Started by bishop130771, June 1, 2020, 16:44

bishop130771

Well only 3 days into ownership and I'm worried. im getting a beeping whilst driving which gets louder and sometimes stops. Please dont tell me its the clutch....if it is have I got any rights with seller...

shnazzle

Are yoy carrying anything on your passenger seat? If so, try plugging the seat belt in. 

I'm assuming of course that you are wearing your seat belt :)
...neutiquam erro.

Carolyn

Quote from: bishop130771 on June  1, 2020, 16:44Well only 3 days into ownership and I'm worried. im getting a beeping whilst driving which gets louder and sometimes stops. Please dont tell me its the clutch....if it is have I got any rights with seller...

Panic not!!  We're here to help.
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

bishop130771

now i feel really stupid...yes two heavy bags!

bishop130771

it does get thinking whats the life of a clutch in these? mines done 100k

Joesson

Quote from: bishop130771 on June  1, 2020, 16:58it does get thinking whats the life of a clutch in these? mines done 100k

Perhaps the best person to answer that would be another Newbie - @Backys with his 200K mileage 2.

PS
I got caught with the Beeping in the past , can't remember what car though, so don't feel bad.

shnazzle

Just wait until you have the "my passenger window won't open" anomaly :) 
Oddly it will likely happen after you've given the inside a good wipe down... 
We all do it. I won't spoil the fun for you. 

As for clutch; I changed mine out at about 80k but mine had been abused. It was still definitely and easily driveable but noticed the occasional slip. 
I think our other household 2 is still going strong on the original clutch at 113k miles.
My old MR2 had 113k as well when I sold it and the original clutch was peachy.
...neutiquam erro.

Call the midlife!

Quote from: bishop130771 on June  1, 2020, 16:57now i feel really stupid...yes two heavy bags!
I'm now waiting until you press the newbie button, don't worry, we've all done it.

I still enjoy pressing it if people leave theirs unlocked with the roof down.
60% of the time it works everytime...

shnazzle

Quote from: Call the midlife! on June  1, 2020, 17:25
Quote from: bishop130771 on June  1, 2020, 16:57now i feel really stupid...yes two heavy bags!
I'm now waiting until you press the newbie button, don't worry, we've all done it.

I still enjoy pressing it if people leave theirs unlocked with the roof down.
Don't give it away!
...neutiquam erro.

Ardent

@bishop130771

When it comes to money being spent on your 2.

There are 2 unwritten rules that are inversely proportional.

When we are assisting you spend your money on mods improvements etc. More the merrier.

When we are assisting in problem solving. The inverse. We start at the free cheap end of possibilities.
Hypothetically, if you get a code for a sensor. Rushing out and buying a sensor is the often the last resort.

bishop130771

lol that is so funny. Thanks all again! I've had the car valeted so will try and pics up...

shnazzle

Jase hit the nail on the head (as usual). 

We'll make you broke. But when it comes to fixing things, all jokes get put aside. That's serious business
...neutiquam erro.

Petrus

Quote from: Call the midlife! on June  1, 2020, 17:25I'm now waiting until you press the newbie button, don't worry, we've all done it.

Good example of why I read the manual first thing when I get the car. Well, after getting it home. In my case almost getting it home.
So no, not me, I got it right with the button but... when I got home, more accurately néarly home, at the entrance of the drive... realised I could not drive over that drive: The mid berm was too high.
Had to leave it at the bridge for over a week which it took me to level the wheel tracks enough.
I think that tops the newby mistakes ;-)

Joesson

Quote from: Petrus on June  1, 2020, 18:57
Quote from: Call the midlife! on June  1, 2020, 17:25I'm now waiting until you press the newbie button, don't worry, we've all done it.

Good example of why I read the manual first thing when I get the car. Well, after getting it home. In my case almost getting it home.
So no, not me, I got it right with the button but... when I got home, more accurately néarly home, at the entrance of the drive... realised I could not drive over that drive: The mid berm was too high.
Had to leave it at the bridge for over a week which it took me to level the wheel tracks enough.
I think that tops the newby mistakes ;-)

Likely not a problem now as you and your car have added some lightness.

Petrus

Quote from: Joesson on June  1, 2020, 19:13Likely not a problem now as you and your car have added some lightness.

Corrected the added ground clearance though by bringing it back to almost OEM; a few mms lower at the front only.
But come one lets not get rapped on the knuckles for highjacking the thread; worse still a newbie one, worstest of all a newbie gúrl one.

Bossworld

Had my clutch done at about 130k, there was nothing left of the old one but it was still driving OK-ish.

Gregmorse

You can still carry heavy items on the passenger seat, just ensure the seatbelts clipped in the whole time

Tags: