front n/s wishbone on way out, need one before MOT

Started by kwnelson, February 18, 2020, 10:49

kwnelson

Front n/s bottom wishbone needs replacing before MOT,      heard a Yaris would be suitable for 2's from 1999yr, Can anyone confirm?   A pair can be bought for less than £25!

Silver FL 2004 bog standard with TTE,.   H/T On    S/T Perfect

Topdownman

There certainly have been threads about this before with discussion on which part fits so try searching using google including mr2roc in search words maybe?
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Carolyn

Yes, Yaris ones for the same year are a perfect fit.

Not sure I'd go for £25 ones, though.  I'd pay a little more.

Might as well do both sides :)
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

tricky1138

Yes the Yaris ones fit, I've got them on mine. Let me find the link i had for them.

Edit : link below - I only paid £17 for them!  :o

https://ultimatestyling.co.uk/toyota-yaris-yaris-verso-suspension-arm-front-lower-rh-ult9035-ssa
2004 FL, Black, Matt Brace, Team Dynamics Monza R, Tein Springs, TTE Exhaust, heated black leather seats, black leather armrest,  Zunsport grills, Midship front badge,  TRD spoiler, Halo DRLs with LED fogs, large clear wind defector, Krissg kick panels,  small mongos.

Bossworld

Yaris ones fit, getting the old ones off is the fun part :)

ManInDandism

I wonder what the difference in quality is between this at £13.64 and this at £506.26  :o

I've bought a set as part of my planned complete front suspension refresh (did the rear last year), and settled for the cheapest I could find that actually pointed towards 'OE quality' - £70 a throw.  Have to assume they are not telling porky pies!

Black 2004 Roadster
Previous: Black 1994 Mk2 Turbo

househead

I just got a set of these in the post today purchased via ebay / engergizedcustoms.

Not opened them yet but was slightly shocked they arrived wrapped in black plastic rather than in some sort of protective box! One hopes they were strong enough to withstand any transit abuse!
2004 Sable Red Edition, TTE Twin Exhaust, Toyosports Manifold

Bossworld

Quote from: househead on February 25, 2020, 11:36I just got a set of these in the post today purchased via ebay / engergizedcustoms.

Not opened them yet but was slightly shocked they arrived wrapped in black plastic rather than in some sort of protective box! One hopes they were strong enough to withstand any transit abuse!

They'll suffer worse when on the car ;)

105e

Just ordered a pair, actually sold as mr2 items,  by firstline, who at least i have heard of. Just over £100 the pair delivered which im happy with..

ManInDandism

Quote from: 105e on February 26, 2020, 07:25Just ordered a pair, actually sold as mr2 items,  by firstline, who at least i have heard of. Just over £100 the pair delivered which im happy with..

Think those are the same ones I got - but without the 20% off deal that's currently running.
Black 2004 Roadster
Previous: Black 1994 Mk2 Turbo

105e

Yeah could be, were £70 each advertised,  one pair left when i ordered these yesterday evening..

tets

Quote from: househead on February 25, 2020, 11:36I just got a set of these in the post today purchased via ebay / engergizedcustoms.

I bought the same ones and they came in black plastic but were in a big box and really well packed!!

househead

Quote from: tets on February 26, 2020, 10:55

I bought the same ones and they came in black plastic but were in a big box and really well packed!!

Which makes me think they were abused in transit then!

I'll open them up and have a good look at them.
2004 Sable Red Edition, TTE Twin Exhaust, Toyosports Manifold

Tags: