TTE clamps and seals

Started by Tomo70, February 1, 2020, 19:20

Tomo70

Has anybody managed to source the clamps and seals for the TTE/Remus system.

Thanks for looking hopefully somebody can help me out. Seal completely knackered on drivers side tail.

Tom
🚘Just a pass time to break the monotony

Call the midlife!

I may be wrong but didn't Jase have his done a while back? @Ardent 
I'm sure SOMEBODY did.
60% of the time it works everytime...

Bossworld

Tom do you mean the clamps that secure the tailpipes and the gaskets between them?

Clamps are: 2 x https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/klarius-2-piece-clamp-exhaust-clamp-712745101

Rings are: 2 x https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CEG112-Exhaust-Ring-Gasket-For-AUDI-80-90-FIAT-TEMPRA-TIPO-VOLVO-240-VW-GOLF-/250905464352

If I've misunderstood never mind.  If I'm right, careful with tightening the replacement clamps, I've seen at least one listing online where someone had managed to deform the fitting coming off the silencer.

I replaced mine after noticing one of them looked a bit wonky after a run out to Alnwick, then finding I was able to break the original clamp off by hand.  Might as well be made of cheese after all these years.

Ardent

@Call the midlife! - Yes, and reading @Bossworld post, I think I might have bought what BW suggested.
The Klaris and Volvo refs, rings a lot bells.

Think I lost some data part numbers when my HDD failed. :(

Edit
Just followed the links. Thems the kids. :)

Tomo70

Thanks for that chaps.

Parts ordered

😀
🚘Just a pass time to break the monotony

Ardent

Nice when stuff like that comes in around a tenner.

Bossworld

Disregard what I said before about them being easy to overtighten/deform

Had a look at mine and they've corroded quite badly in the two years since they were replaced. Went to undo them, the bolts towards the front of the car are well and truly bound in place, the ones nearest the rear were barely finger tight. So I think some water/vapour has been getting out and attacking them and making the corrosion worse.

The gaskets themselves have taken a bit of a pounding but I'll clean and reuse them and just get a couple of new clamps. Any thoughts on whether it's worth using any kind of sealant too?

Looks like I need at least one new rubber hanger too, there is a TEXB-004 for about £9 on eBay. Has anyone ordered one from Toyota recently?

Tags: