Handbrake Cable Gaiters

Started by Carolyn, January 12, 2020, 10:19

Carolyn

I know a couple of members have located gaiters that can be used on the handbrake cables.  I've bought a couple of sets off the internet, but neither are close to that which is needed.

I keep the cables lubricated and they are working fine, but the rubber bits are now rags. New rubber would keep these going for quite some time, I'm sure.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, please?
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

Carolyn

Thank you so much.

I've ordered a pair.
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

Gaz mr-s

Quote from: Carolyn on January 12, 2020, 11:10Thank you so much.

I've ordered a pair.

Good for the help to be the other way round for a change. 

The lack of other responses suggests this is a tricky one....I struggled to find something last year.
If you know of a place that maintains garden machinery, something else that can be used is the rubber gaiters on control cables....but it needs to be off cables that are being replaced.... not available to buy separately as far as I know.

Joesson

Quote from: Gaz mr-s on January 13, 2020, 01:10
Quote from: Carolyn on January 12, 2020, 11:10Thank you so much.

I've ordered a pair.

Good for the help to be the other way round for a change. 

The lack of other responses suggests this is a tricky one....I struggled to find something last year.
If you know of a place that maintains garden machinery, something else that can be used is the rubber gaiters on control cables....but it needs to be off cables that are being replaced.... not available to buy separately as far as I know.

@Mikeymead may be able to offer advice on garden machinery rubber gaiters.

thetyrant

Interesting i might try those MGF ones thanks,s one of mine is gone and i made up temp cover using a finger of a latex glove which i cable tied in place to give it at least some protection lol  its lasted quite well to be fair :)

Ex-2005 roadster  owner, i will be back :D

Joesson

Quote from: thetyrant on January 13, 2020, 11:18Interesting i might try those MGF ones thanks,s one of mine is gone and i made up temp cover using a finger of a latex glove which i cable tied in place to give it at least some protection lol  its lasted quite well to be fair :)

Thank's for pointingthat out!

Tags: