New Facelift Lights - Help.

Started by Chilli Girl, January 4, 2020, 22:18

Chilli Girl

Having received some Christmas money, I'm sorely tempted to purchase them from Paul at TCB Performance for £355.  I can't see the price will decrease as it seems very competitive. I don't feel confident to change them on my own.  Could this be a DD job and if so, please could someone help me fit them for a few beers? If so, I think I'll order some.   ;D
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

Ardent

Classic, one of those jobs.
More work involved in removing the bumper, to replace the light, than removing the light.
I will happily assist in removing the light, once the bumper has been removed.

Chilli Girl

Thanks Jase.  I know that the bumper has been off before as Stu and John fitted a new fog light for me.  I knew I should've looked to see how they popped off the bumper.  I was too busy chatting at Shinding the other year.  Typical of me! :o
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

Call the midlife!

Like for like? ie FL for FL? Definitely doable over the weekend as long as it's not hammering it down, there'll be no shortage of pairs of hands or tools to HELP you learn how to do it...👍🏻
60% of the time it works everytime...

Chilli Girl

Thank you for that John - shall order a set before I spend it on something else  ;D

Bossworld

You don't need to fully remove the bumper (I think I just did top bolts and one in each arch/ wing for my mum's car). The bumper is fairly pliable once those fixings are removed.

Would recommend someone has a tap and die set and perhaps a few M5/M6 bolts and washers, just in case any of the bumper fixings snap. If you've had it off recently though you're hopefully in luck

Ardent

I know its childish. And I apologise in advance.

But that last sentence did make me giggle.
You cannot view this attachment.

Call the midlife!

Quote from: Ardent on January  5, 2020, 11:28I know its childish. And I apologise in advance.

You weren't alone...😂
60% of the time it works everytime...

Bossworld

I blame my YouTube trawl last night, trying to track down that 1978 Thames TV Christmas tape where Bungle and Jeffrey off of Rainbow were playing with their twangers  :o

Ardent

Chilli Girl

Quote from: Ardent on January  5, 2020, 11:28I know its childish. And I apologise in advance.

Quote from: Call the midlife! on January  5, 2020, 12:00

You weren't alone...😂

I was going to reply to that but I thought better of it!

Tags: