Problems with key buttons and alarm.

Started by ponytrekker, December 17, 2019, 16:54

ponytrekker

The button for unlocking the car won't unlock it. When I unlock manually and open the door (either) it sets off the alarm. Car appears to work normally - starts, instruments work but the alarm doesn't shut off. Replaced the battery in the key. Any ideas??

paulj

Does it lock the car?  If so,it's properly  paired, if not perhaps time to redo the pairing.  There is a how to on it

On one of my remotes the unlock button is not quite as sprightly as the lock button, I need to hold down the button  for a short while to get it to talk. On some occasions pressing lock before unlock seems to wake it up.  Not sure of the fix to that, just the work around!
Today
2000 x reg pfl - blue - as original no mods
In the late 1980's
1982 x reg Toyota Corolla Liftback Coupe (also blue)
1978 s reg Mitsubishi Celeste Coupe (yellow)

ponytrekker

No - neither button does anything - but it was all working well just a couple of days ago.

paulj

This might sound odd but did fix a problem for one of us, have you or your neighbours fitted a wireless doorbell in the meantime.....

Older car remote frequencies have got re-used for home products (!)
Today
2000 x reg pfl - blue - as original no mods
In the late 1980's
1982 x reg Toyota Corolla Liftback Coupe (also blue)
1978 s reg Mitsubishi Celeste Coupe (yellow)

ponytrekker

Thanks Paul. I had just about given up and I had searched out how to disable Toyota alarms (so I could at least drive it) when it all came back to life......weird!!

Tags: