Diagnostics

Started by nutjack, December 15, 2019, 00:30

nutjack

Has anybody used Techstream on ebay for diagnostics? If you have can you recomend as there are quite a few advertised at varying prices,
Car is an SMT 1.8 51 plate
TIA
AKA, MADMAN

Ardent

@nutjack

I sourced a usb to obd cable a few months back. (Which came with Techstream)  A curiosity purchase.
I gave up on it. Seemed a lot of phaff.
Install something 1st to see it that works, contact seller for a link to something else etc etc. Gave up.

Not saying cannot be made to work on Win10 but seems happier on xp or 7.
If you have an old lappy kicking about.

I would be happy to sell what I have for 1/2 what I paid + postage.

nutjack

Quote from: Ardent on December 15, 2019, 09:39@nutjack

I sourced a usb to obd cable a few months back. (Which came with Techstream)  A curiosity purchase.
I gave up on it. Seemed a lot of phaff.
Install something 1st to see it that works, contact seller for a link to something else etc etc. Gave up.

Not saying cannot be made to work on Win10 but seems happier on xp or 7.
If you have an old lappy kicking about.

I would be happy to sell what I have for 1/2 what I paid + postage.
Thanks for offer, but I have win 10 too, so probably give it a miss and look for something else, glad I asked first
Cheers
AKA, MADMAN

shnazzle

I got it. It works. Just hardly more useful to me than my OBDLINK LX, TorquePro and ELMSCAN Toyota.

Unless you need to reset keys (which you can still do without techstream), reset airbag light (I've seen this needed once).
...neutiquam erro.

Petrus

Exactly what I ran into.
Have the interface cable and software. All installed but it does not communicate with the OBD2 in the car.

Quote from: shnazzle on December 15, 2019, 11:08I got it. It works. Just hardly more useful to me than my OBDLINK LX, TorquePro and ELMSCAN Toyota.

Unless you need to reset keys (which you can still do without techstream), reset airbag light (I've seen this needed once).

Nutjack needs it for the smt relearning procedure.

How did you get it to work?
What do you have and on what does it run?
If you don´t use it.... please, please, pretty please, can I have it? I will happilly lend it to Nutjack first ;-)

shnazzle

Quote from: Petrus on December 15, 2019, 11:14Exactly what I ran into.
Have the interface cable and software. All installed but it does not communicate with the OBD2 in the car.

Quote from: shnazzle on December 15, 2019, 11:08I got it. It works. Just hardly more useful to me than my OBDLINK LX, TorquePro and ELMSCAN Toyota.

Nutjack needs it for the smt relearning procedure.

How did you get it to work?
What do you have and on what does it run?
If you don´t use it.... please, please, pretty please, can I have it? I will happilly lend it to Nutjack first ;-)
I did indeed have to load it onto WinXP. But I have to say its definitely flakey. That's the downside of dodgy gear. 

I'd have to do some severe digging to find it. I'll have a look and keep you posted.
...neutiquam erro.

Petrus

Ardent

Will add to this properly when get home.

jonbill

I have it on a virtualised XP on Windows 10. Works fine. I used it to figure out which wheel my ABS problems came from a couple of years ago.

Ardent

Hello @jonbill how is you? recovered, or recovering.
Glad to see you posting.

jonbill

Quote from: Ardent on December 15, 2019, 18:22Hello @jonbill how is you? recovered, or recovering.
Glad to see you posting.
Thanks Jase, I'm well recovered thanks, just busy at work and busy on the Datsun and nothing wrong with the mr2s at all!

Tags: