Aux drive belt + belt tensioner replacement

Started by ManInDandism, December 9, 2019, 22:16

ManInDandism

Am getting a squeal from the RHS at circa 2k rpm and decided that has to be the belt and/or tensioner so have ordered both parts. 

The 'how to' by @shnazzle is the first hit for this that comes up in Google - so have used the part number for the belt from that.  Also saw the following video and decided it probably wasn't going to be that much work on top to change the tensioner:

Famous last words and obviously slightly different layout.  Also yet to properly observe the state of existing bolts as regards whether they look sound enough to actually budge. Hopefully find a window between the Xmas festivities as always like to allow myself lots of time.

Black 2004 Roadster
Previous: Black 1994 Mk2 Turbo

Call the midlife!

Without looking at the how to, mainly because I've already done it, bear in mind the difference between A/C and non A/C and you can't go much wrong.
The long screw holding the tensioner assembly can be awkward if you're doing it in situ but it's doable.
You might even be lucky and find someone has already reversed it.
60% of the time it works everytime...

ManInDandism

Quote from: Call the midlife! on December  9, 2019, 22:50Without looking at the how to, mainly because I've already done it, bear in mind the difference between A/C and non A/C and you can't go much wrong.
The long screw holding the tensioner assembly can be awkward if you're doing it in situ but it's doable.
You might even be lucky and find someone has already reversed it.

Thanks @Call the midlife! Both A/C and non A/C part nos. in the 'how to' and 'awkward but doable' is why I factor lots of additional time.

Black 2004 Roadster
Previous: Black 1994 Mk2 Turbo

Tags: