Heated seat not working.

Started by Chilli Girl, December 4, 2019, 23:20

Chilli Girl

Just returned from a Girly night out, was very pleased to have my heated seat on this frosty foggy night.  Sadly, my passenger didn't feel the same despite the switch (lit orange) telling me it was on high.  Any ideas?  I haven't checked the wiring under the seat tonight.  Could it be a fuse or loose wire?  Driver's side has always worked for me ;D
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

shnazzle

Quote from: Chilli Girl on December  4, 2019, 23:20Just returned from a Girly night out, was very pleased to have my heated seat on this frosty foggy night.  Sadly, my passenger didn't feel the same despite the switch (lit orange) telling me it was on high.  Any ideas?  I haven't checked the wiring under the seat tonight.  Could it be a fuse or loose wire?  Driver's side has always worked for me ;D
It's either the wiring or the pads. 

You'd know if it was the fuse because it piggybacks on the heater/blower future. It then has a relay, but if your driver's side works and the lights turn on, it's not the relay.
(in my case, my relay has now gone, as I have no lights :(

Check the wiring under the seat. It can be jostled by moving it back/forth. Then check the earth in the center console.
...neutiquam erro.

Chilli Girl

Thank you Patrick, will take a look later.  :)
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

Chilli Girl

Found that the connections were not together.  Reckon it's been like that since SteveJ and I took the roof out to repair the leaking drain bags and we must've forgotten to connect up the wiring :o Can't seem to reconnect with seat in place though :-\ Anyhow, at least I can see the problem.  Thanks Patrick.  A donation will definitely be coming very soon. :)

StuC

Good job on finding the fault. :-)

Look at the other seat to see how much lead length there should be from both the carpet and then the seat.
Check which length on the passenger side matches the drivers side. That'll be the place to start looking at, in case something has been pulled/pushed/hidden at some point.

If you need, I can have a look at the configuration in Lily as she has factory heated seats too.
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

shnazzle

:) Donation always welcome. 

As for the wiring, I've learned to do it blind by feel. It's a bit of a chore but definitely possible. 
Worst case it's only 4 bolts away from being visible :)
...neutiquam erro.

Chilli Girl

Quote from: StuC on December  5, 2019, 13:23Good job on finding the fault. :-)

Look at the other seat to see how much lead length there should be from both the carpet and then the seat.
Check which length on the passenger side matches the drivers side. That'll be the place to start looking at, in case something has been pulled/pushed/hidden at some point.

If you need, I can have a look at the configuration in Lily as she has factory heated seats too.

Thanks Stu, I can just about see both connectors which clearly should be attached but there really is very little play to play on.  There is also another lead that seems to be doing nothing.  Yes, will look under the drivers seat to see if I can see anything.  Talk about getting your head in the footwell - thought it was there for your feet!😂.  With the seat right back I may just be able to connect things up, not a lot of room though.🤔. Don't you just love these little motors?😍.

Tags: