Squeak/ Rattle from front left

Started by onion86, December 3, 2019, 12:25

onion86

Need some advice on this squeak please before I take it back to garage. I fitted (myself) MeisterR coilovers on 24th, drove it around for a week to bed in a little and all was well. However, I went for a 4 wheel alignment on Saturday 30th morning and the first time I've driven it since I get this squeak / vague rattle noise from the front left which started after a couple of miles. Next time it was fine again for a few miles and came back worse.

I've checked front left - spring is fine with no up/down movement, top mounts are torqued up fine as are bolts to hub. The top mount camber Allen bolts I haven't checked for torque as I have a TRD brace, but they haven't moved out of alignment. ARB and droplinks seem fine too.

What else could I check, was just going to take it back to the garage that did the alignment after work, but is there something specific they may have undone that I've not checked yet?

Someone on FB has suggested my jack could be rubbing on spare wheel, which I'll check out.

I've got a vid with sound to post up but here's a link to the FB vid - https://www.facebook.com/groups/598755820207002/permalink/2588279377921293/

Cheers all
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

wotugonado

Have they knocked/bent the brake dust shield so it's touching the disc, this happened on mine and the noise just got worse and worse, so I just removed it all together.
Mine was rusted away where it attached to the hub, so  top edge looked fine at first glance.
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

Call the midlife!

My jack etc is in the bag in the driver's side rear bin, I just assumed everyone kept them strapped down in there? 
As above though, check for rubbing guard or a stone stuck somewhere in the brake set up.
60% of the time it works everytime...

onion86

I have mine in with the spare wheel and a pump.

You cannot view this attachment.

Turns out my front bumper mesh is loose so I believe the noise was that! Hopefully a false alarm, phew!

You cannot view this attachment.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Tags: