Rocker shaft rotated?

Started by JB21, November 8, 2019, 19:36

JB21

Started to strip my replacement 2zz and on rotating the crank by hand to check the timing the inlet cams seem like they're sticking.

Before this I removed to lift bolts to make sure they weren't snapped, they came out fine. I popped them back in and nipped them up.

Question, if the rocker cover had rotated then surly the lift bolt wouldn't have gone back in flush?

Anyway video below

shnazzle

Dunno but that's one knarly looking head mate.
Strip and clean?

The clicking/sticking is clearly on the rockers, as it happens only when each cylinder hits the roller.
...neutiquam erro.

shnazzle

Could it be as simple as the high lift lobe hitting the rocker without any lubrication?
...neutiquam erro.

JB21

Quote from: shnazzle on November  8, 2019, 20:03Dunno but that's one knarly looking head mate.
Strip and clean?

The clicking/sticking is clearly on the rockers, as it happens only when each cylinder hits the roller.

Haha it's not as bad as it looks there. It's just heavily stainted/varnished but yeah I'll pull it apart and clean it up anyway. Could even use the head off the blown 2zz if it's just bottom end damage although that will need a clean too.

JB21

Quote from: shnazzle on November  8, 2019, 20:08Could it be as simple as the high lift lobe hitting the rocker without any lubrication?

Could well be mate. I'll pull the spark plugs and put a bit of oil on the lobe and see if it stops.

Tags: