Alarm going off after a drive and being locked for 15 seconds

Started by jvanzyl, October 18, 2019, 13:27

jvanzyl

Hey Guys,
bit of a prob here - the last three times today that I've driven the car, got out and locked it and walked away as I do every other day, the alarm has gone off after less then 15 seconds.

I then unlock and lock again with the fob and it seems to behave...

any ideas??

thetyrant

First thing is check the simple things, sensors for bonnet and engine hatch are on very flimsy brackets easily bent to sensor doesnt work and throws alarm into confusion!
Ex-2005 roadster  owner, i will be back :D

Carolyn

Was it raining?

Mine's extra sensitive when wet.

Also, have you got the hardtop on?  Doors need a bit more of a positive shove to close properly.
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

jvanzyl

Quote from: thetyrant on October 18, 2019, 13:34First thing is check the simple things, sensors for bonnet and engine hatch are on very flimsy brackets easily bent to sensor doesnt work and throws alarm into confusion!

Hmmm... I've not opened the boot or bonnet in a few days... so unless I've hit some massive bump I'm not sure this is the issue.. not yet anyway. I'll have to have a look!

Quote from: Carolyn on October 18, 2019, 13:36Was it raining?

Mine's extra sensitive when wet.

Also, have you got the hardtop on?  Doors need a bit more of a positive shove to close properly.

Well it's been raining off and on, everything has been wet. Hardtop is not on yet, I do have Devs door spacers though...

I shall try "extra" hard door shutting next time round on both sides to see if it does it again!

househead

2004 Sable Red Edition, TTE Twin Exhaust, Toyosports Manifold

jvanzyl

Quote from: househead on October 18, 2019, 14:32Is this thread of any use?

https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=54444.msg627952#msg627952

Maybe drop the sensitivity down a notch?

wow! I had no idea that was there... thanks I'll give it a go if it continues..

Tags: