Southern Belle

Started by Petrus, December 19, 2018, 19:35

Petrus

Great day here, love is at the farm so we rolled out with the cabrio.
We too a longish drive. She is as ´atrevida´ as I can handle  :-[  so lóves drifting, speeding and, having fun with bulls:

and the adult version; NOT SUITEABLE FOR FAMILY OR OFFICE!!!
OPEN AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION

https://i.ibb.co/5KDG6Kw/Elda-Toro5.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/X7gx8Wc/Elda-Toro3.jpg

Petrus

This coming Thursday second revision of the titanium shoulder. Necessary but do not really have the time for that. Yesterday another curve ball; a sewage pipe burst. The mains from the farm to the system, halfway towards the entry of the land. Double sh@t as we have the harvest on the land and it blocks the entry for machinery.
The upside is that it delays me trying to get the soft top out. Even seats out it will be contortionist which I should not.
The high speed and drift rides with Adventure Girl dó motivate  O:-)
Concerning the Volks too. Not being able to delete the soft top quite yet makes the finger itch móre to push the button  O:-)
Too bad I see no way to get the hydraulic handbrake sorted in compliance with the periodic inspection.
Bottom line it réally is an added value to have charming company totally gétting the viceral experience.

J88TEO

Quote from: Petrus on May 21, 2024, 08:14Too bad I see no way to get the hydraulic handbrake sorted in compliance with the periodic inspection.
I am thinking of installing this though my handbrake is working fine  ;D

Petrus

Quote from: J88TEO on May 21, 2024, 09:57I am thinking of installing this though my handbrake is working fine  ;D

Mine is as fine as it comes on the ZZW30 but not handbrake-fún fine. Hardly a complaint.

Petrus

Was looking at the effects of cooler intake air again. A bit ´frustrated´ at not being able to take the ´baffling´ around the fuel neck out.
Found a neat simple table illustrating the easy gains to be found for the otherwise not very responsive to mods  n.a. 1ZZ-FD.

Makes me rather pleased with the cool engine room temps I have achieved. Not heating up the inlet ducting under the lid adds up to the same thing.
Removing the baffles will be another small step to cooler and I hope also  a bit cleaner air.

Petrus

Ahhh what the H. It´s just money and the car só gratifying. Apart from a dog not much else is.
Currently on the road and when back in the village will drop by at both local garage and the tyre shop. Then push the button on the Volks  :-[

J88TEO

Quote from: Petrus on May 23, 2024, 08:31Ahhh what the H. It´s just money and the car só gratifying. Apart from a dog not much else is.
Ya,,,just pieces of paper...if you have excess! ;D

Petrus

Quote from: J88TEO on May 23, 2024, 08:44Ya,,,just pieces of paper...if you have excess! ;D

Excess that is quite another thing. Spending slush fund on fun things is however a gratifying balance against other únfun factors which also cost money. In two weeks need to renew passports p.e.. Mandatory by the State and you are ´allowed´ to pay through the nose for that after being made to jump through chicken & egg contradictory hoops. We will be spreading the cost over the three of us and than it stíll will be >250€ each not counting >two wasted days.
So carpe diem, memento mori, atrevete; la vida es bella too. Today, not tomorrow and as I observed with the itsiebitsie spyder at least you nótice the improvements for your money  :))

Petrus

words are superfluous:

Gibla

Quote from: Petrus on May 22, 2024, 10:49Was looking at the effects of cooler intake air again. A bit ´frustrated´ at not being able to take the ´baffling´ around the fuel neck out.
Found a neat simple table illustrating the easy gains to be found for the otherwise not very responsive to mods  n.a. 1ZZ-FD.

Makes me rather pleased with the cool engine room temps I have achieved. Not heating up the inlet ducting under the lid adds up to the same thing.
Removing the baffles will be another small step to cooler and I hope also  a bit cleaner air.

Without me ploughing back through this admittedly splendid(but lengthy) thread, and me being lazy .....Have you managed to sort out a cold air feed of any description, that gives some gains(something other than oem)?
stock 2001 Dark Green MR-S (6R4)

Petrus

Quote from: Gibla on May 24, 2024, 08:43Without me ploughing back through this admittedly splendid(but lengthy) thread, and me being lazy .....Have you managed to sort out a cold air feed of any description, that gives some gains(something other than oem)?

Yes. Funnel shaped silicon inlet tube with aluminium bell mouth on OEM filter box. Photo post #868.

Result? Dunno; it is part of the chain and the total result is a definitely noticeable éxtra push from 6.5k till rev limiter. Mine does not run out of breath at all.
It needs be noted that I reduced the engine room temp considerably too. 

The next (last?) step will be removing the baffles as per @J88TEO ´s example as soon as shoulder/time/other priorities permit.

Tags: