Charge air cooling

Started by MrT, May 3, 2018, 13:31

MrT

Hi Lamcote
You have the gist. Thanks for your input. I'm leaning towards that recognition that it's not worth the complications to the ice running.
Cheers
Tyler

RIPieces: Sable \'05 Roadster \'Red\' edition.
Project: MR-S import (JDM) now my toy and mule for:
SC build OR a 2AR-FXE swap (ref: Frankenstein Motorworks) OR Electric conversion
AND rebody with a fibreglass replica of Porsche 550 Spyder.

lamcote

I reckon just going with a normal charge cooler radiator setup is likely to be much simpler, more efficient and just as light. What's not to like, as they say...
Silver 2004 MR2 -  Unmodified but very shiny.

MrT

Well I'm still considering the water injection only option. Not sold that it isn't appropriate for a daily not normally thrashed etc or cruising the motorway etc.

Majority of the time I'm not exceeding 3krpm and around town when not on motorway I don't go over 2krpm normally. So the load and heat generated by the supercharger should all be reasonable enough to run without cooling and just fuelling appropriately etc, then water kicks in when power is required...

Also, the charger arrangement will require a tubular manifold which if aluminium will give a small amount of cooling but as I said, also leave space for a charge cooler in future if required.
Cheers
Tyler

RIPieces: Sable \'05 Roadster \'Red\' edition.
Project: MR-S import (JDM) now my toy and mule for:
SC build OR a 2AR-FXE swap (ref: Frankenstein Motorworks) OR Electric conversion
AND rebody with a fibreglass replica of Porsche 550 Spyder.

Tags: