Reasonably priced exhaust options?

Started by mr2stuff, April 15, 2018, 18:27

mr2stuff

Hi All,

Looking for some new single exhaust options for my MR2, I'd love the twin or quad rear exhaust but price may be a factor at the moment.
Are there any single exit exhausts which moves the exit tailpipe to behind the drivers side rather then on the passenger side (UK car) which would be reasonably priced?  I tend to prefer the look and maybe slightly better sound.
Any experience appreciated?
Cheers.
MR2 in Blue.
TTE Exhaust
Markiii Pipe

wotugonado

---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

tomaky

Quote from: wotugonado on April 15, 2018, 20:29
Not off the shelf I don't think.
Agree. Will have to be a custom job. You will need a hanger welding to the chassis rail to mount on the drivers side as well. No big deal though.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

mr2stuff

Quote from: tomaky on April 15, 2018, 20:46
Quote from: wotugonado on April 15, 2018, 20:29
Not off the shelf I don't think.
Agree. Will have to be a custom job. You will need a hanger welding to the chassis rail to mount on the drivers side as well. No big deal though.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
Thanks, any ideas cost wise for a custom single exit in this case? Or would this run the same as a twin exhaust?
MR2 in Blue.
TTE Exhaust
Markiii Pipe

wotugonado

Look in @dan944  turbo build thread, he's just had one made
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

tomaky

Power flow will do one for you for between 300-400 you have to play powerflow garages against each other to get the price down.

Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

mr2stuff

Cheers thanks, looks like any custom work even for a single will work out the same for a twin or quad.

MR2 in Blue.
TTE Exhaust
Markiii Pipe

BahnStormer

I thought the TTE style split exhaust exits meant a reworked silencer that actually restricts the airflow more than a single?
Black 2006: AC & heated leather: 4x Megillian braces, Koni/Tein custom suspension, MTEC+YS+braided brakes, Toyosports manifold, TTE exhaust, Conti PremiumContact2(summer)/ Conti TS860S(winter) / YokoAD08RS (track/summer), Pioneer MVH-390BT + TS-E171ci, FBSW, Robbins mohair hood.

Cabrioman

Have you considered a twin exit centre exhaust?
I've been looking at one for mine and they're under £200 including shipping from America.

Sent from my TA-1033 using Tapatalk

Sun Out - Roof Down
Whatever the Temperature

m1tch

Quote from: Cabrioman on April 17, 2018, 08:16
I've been looking at one for mine and they're under £200 including shipping from America.

Those 'Lotus' style ones are badly made and rather loud apparently.

Call the midlife!

Have a look at MrCypher's set up on his, it's a "home made" and comes out through the number plate space but it might give you an idea of how to get something made up to your requirements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
60% of the time it works everytime...

BahnStormer

Here's the MrCypher option...

Quote from: Mrcypher on June 18, 2017, 14:10
Today mission

Fit grills where boot drip tray goes
Paint crash bar black so doesnt show through grill

Mission succesfull

Time for a beer
Black 2006: AC & heated leather: 4x Megillian braces, Koni/Tein custom suspension, MTEC+YS+braided brakes, Toyosports manifold, TTE exhaust, Conti PremiumContact2(summer)/ Conti TS860S(winter) / YokoAD08RS (track/summer), Pioneer MVH-390BT + TS-E171ci, FBSW, Robbins mohair hood.

mr2stuff

I had a brief look at these on ebay, but does it involve cutting the the middle section of the rear bumper to allow it to fit which I wouldn't really want to?
If it doesn't involve cutting, do you have the link?

Cheers.
MR2 in Blue.
TTE Exhaust
Markiii Pipe

Cabrioman

Quote from: mr2stuff on April 17, 2018, 17:31

I had a brief look at these on ebay, but does it involve cutting the the middle section of the rear bumper to allow it to fit which I wouldn't really want to?
If it doesn't involve cutting, do you have the link?

Cheers.
Not sure to be honest. It might need to adjust the rubber mounts. Until I get mine, I don't know.

Sun Out - Roof Down
Whatever the Temperature

mr2stuff

MR2 in Blue.
TTE Exhaust
Markiii Pipe

BahnStormer

ask @andibell for a photo his - I don't think there was a cut out and it certainly sounded very "free flowing"...

mr2stuff

Quote from: BahnStormer on April 18, 2018, 15:32
ask @andibell for a photo his - I don't think there was a cut out and it certainly sounded very "free flowing"...
Cheers, just sent him PM for info.
MR2 in Blue.
TTE Exhaust
Markiii Pipe

mikek

Quote from: mr2stuff on April 18, 2018, 17:38
Quote from: BahnStormer on April 18, 2018, 15:32
Cheers, just sent him PM for info.

Andi has an original Janspeed exhaust which was designed to fit properly and are very rare. The cheap ebay/chinese ones do require the bumper to be cut and have been reported to be not of the highest quality.
2zz by Rogue. Se7en cams. BMC CDA. Competion clutches lightened flywheel, Megillian Racing Exhaust. TRD sportivo suspension and ARB\'s. TRD braces. TRD quick shift. TRD dash kit, Matts brace. Getting there but not sure when it will stop!

BahnStormer

If £400-ish is still classed as reasonable, then the Cobra ones definitely look the business... and got for around £450 on Fleabay... not done any research on them yet, but just fishing for opinions / experience on those...

http://cobrasport.com/index.php/cobra-sport-exhaust/toyota/mr2/toyota-mr2-roadster-99-07/toyota-mr2-roadster-cat-back-system-dual-exit.html
also available in quad tip, but that feels like you're getting a bit excessive for a 1.8....

Tags: