Hass Stage II turbo is here!

Started by Slacey, February 22, 2005, 18:51

TommyD

I had just phoned Zircotec and left a message. Hope to get a quote. Might get the lot done if it's reasonable.
[size=100]Sable MR2[/size], David\'s Bars, TTE Rear Sports Spoiler, TRD side skirts, TRD front cross brace, Lampka rear cross brace and under bracing, Whiteline swaybars, Whiteline spings, 2\'srus Drop links, RPS clutch

Slacey

The thermal coating option from Hass included the manifold and the turbine section of the turbo itself. If you want to coat the IC pipes you will have to have them stripped first back to bare metal - Mark toyed with the idea of coating the exhaust (at least the downpipe) but I'm not sure if he's going ahead with that TBH.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

TommyD

Well just spoke to a nice chap at Zircotec and they basically charge by the length. Approx £35 a foot. So that exhaust may be an option too  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=100]Sable MR2[/size], David\'s Bars, TTE Rear Sports Spoiler, TRD side skirts, TRD front cross brace, Lampka rear cross brace and under bracing, Whiteline swaybars, Whiteline spings, 2\'srus Drop links, RPS clutch

aaronjb

Quote from: "TommyD"I ordered in September 04. Yes, you are right it does say in the small copy about the thermal coatings. Don't make me feel any worse..... s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

s;) ;) s;)   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Quote(though I probably read the high temp silver painted and thought that would look good too)

Must admit, it doesn't look painted to me - just looks like plain steel.. Hard to tell from a picture though, I suppose.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

markiii

just to update, stil waiting on my air filter and intercooler brackest. I'm going to use the single exhaust for teh moment and Hass will send me a dual when fabricated.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"I'm going to use the single exhaust for the moment and Hass will send me a dual when fabricated.

They're actually going to make a new one for you, rather than just take one from an existing kit ready to go out? I must admit, the thought had crossed my mind that mine might be delayed again because of 'back ordered parts' (read as 'we gave your dual exhaust to someone else 'cos we messed up!').

Any idea as to how long you'll have to wait?

markiii

no update on Mark as to how long,

however as I owe them for shipping costs which weren't cheap and they aren't getting another penny until I have teh full kit, I'm not too worried.

The thought did occur to me ref taking an exhaust from another kit, but if it means less issues for other people who's kits are already assembled I don't mind waiting.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "RedRaceR"Just thought I'd update this thread with some good news for a change   s:) :) s:)  ,

I spoke too soon.

Right, I don't know if everybody on here reads on spyderchat so let me summaries it here:

-No dual exhaust, recieved single instead
-No thermal coating
-No Greddy Profec e-01 Boost controller

and ofcourse.. yes you guessed it... there are bits and pieces missing aswell.

I'll say it again.. Should've gone PE. This has been a nightmare.

Anonymous

Ekona,

If they haven't shipped your kit yet, I strongly advise you to insist they go through your box and make sure everythings in there.

That's me, Mark and Tommy now..

markiii

and Seans was wrong as well.

really their packing quality control is a joke.

have you had the "customs must have removed it" comment yet  :-) :-) :-)

Sorry to hear yet another problem.

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"have you had the "customs must have removed it" comment yet  :-) :-) :-)

No, though I have just recieved the "you didn't order these parts" comment.

Incredible.

Anonymous

I'm e-mailing every day now, just to get an update.

So far: Three days, 5 e-mails, no reply.

I swear to God if my kit comes with a single exhaust, or with no coating, I'm on the first plane over there. Missing bits I can handle with rage in my own garage, but wrong parts? Nah.

heathstimpson

It's pretty piss poor that a company that wants to generate interest in their product could send out incorrect contents in the individually ordered kit. It's not hard to complete a pre send check against the list   s:? :? s:?  Its a sure fast way to upset their most important aspect, the customers, gain bad publicity and eventually go under  s:? :? s:?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Well, I know they can send the right stuff out - Mine arrived 100% with not a single screw missing.  I guess I am one of the lucky ones.  The bottom line is there is no quality control happening to the kits before they ship.  I don't know who is packing and checking the inventories but they simply are not doing their job.  As for wrong parts, I received an invoice via email from Mark with exactly what I ordered on it many months ago (right after ordering the kit).  It had my thermal coating, dual exhaust and boost controller on it.  If you didn't get an itemized list of what you bought before it shipped, it's as much your fault as it is Hass'.  You wouldn't order a brand new car with special options and not get an invoice or receipt with exactly what you paid for on it.  They do have a problem that seems pretty easy to fix - that's what blows my mind.  It's not rocket science to check the contents of the box and make sure it's all there and that you get what you paid for.

I know they will make it right - it's happened many times (unfortunately) and the missing pieces are always sent immediately if he has them.

James

Anonymous

hi  im new to the club,  she couldnt have been the first international customer to buy a turbo as i brought a hass autoworks stage 1 turbo about 12 months ago, i spoke to jay myself on a few occasions,  the kit set me back 3500 us dollars about £2000  ive now upgaded to stage 2  with bigger intercooler 360 degree ceramic turbo supra injectors a fifth one drilled staigt into the throttle body on a pressure switch,  but anyway you pay extra 10% tax on whatever you import,  unless you know a way round it, which i do....

Slacey

Why would you have fitted an extra (fifth) injector? Hass have offered larger injectors from the word go, and providing a piggyback is used they can offer far more gas than the stock pump can handle.
Do you have any pics of your setup you could post here please?

heathstimpson

Quote from: "johnboy"but anyway you pay extra 10% tax on whatever you import,  unless you know a way round it, which i do....
Which is  s:?: :?: s:?:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Tem

Quote from: "Slacey"they can offer far more gas than the stock pump can handle

How much the stock pump can handle anyway?
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

And why oh why does everyone keep moaning about hass, the companys american, ITS IN AMERICA, that should say it all!

if you shop around more you'll get a better deal,Ever heard of Trust, Its a TOP japanese tuning company, Trust, do a turbo kit running the same psi, for the same price, with loads of bolt on extras plus all parts which can be chromed or heat treated, they are, it comes as standard, japan make much better quality stuff,  its a fact.  the MR2 Roadster isn't american its japanese,whats a yank doing with a MR2, go get a mustang, i wouldn't buy from hass again, its too much messing and waiting about,

Anonymous

Quote from: "johnboy"And why oh why does everyone keep moaning about hass, the companys american, ITS IN AMERICA, that should say it all!

What's that got to do with it?   s:? :? s:?  

You got a link to this Trust kit?

Tem

Quote from: "johnboy"Ever heard of Trust

AFAIK, Trust doesn't have a turbokit for MR-S. Maybe you mean Top Secret, whose kit is made from Trust/GReddy parts? I have that myself  s;) ;) s;)

Quotejapan make much better quality stuff,  its a fact

I wouldn't know about that. Everyone I know with the kit has issues with the manifold. It cracks and it cracks easily. When you get it fixed, it cracks somewhere else.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

for slacey,  if you import anything  you gotta pay tax on it,  unless its a gift,  so wherever your buying from tell them to label it in large letters as GIFT  this cuts out the tax,  i dont know about in america tho,  the japanese have no problem with this,  my last pacage was 1 cubic metre crate weighing 210kg  labeled as a gift,  pay £0 tax,  and no i do not have stock pump  i have aluminium racing feul cell  presurised,  with huge bosch fuel pump, fifth injector is on a pressure switch  it only comes in at about 6ooo rpm i had for when i get my nos, more fuel, more cool  no pics sorry,  top secret  til its magazine debut

Anonymous

Quote from: "johnboy"for slacey,  if you import anything  you gotta pay tax on it,  unless its a gift,  so wherever your buying from tell them to label it in large letters as GIFT  this cuts out the tax,  i dont know about in america tho,  the japanese have no problem with this,  my last pacage was 1 cubic metre crate weighing 210kg  labeled as a gift,  pay £0 tax,  and no i do not have stock pump  i have aluminium racing feul cell  presurised,  with huge bosch fuel pump, fifth injector is on a pressure switch  it only comes in at about 6ooo rpm i had for when i get my nos, more fuel, more cool  no pics sorry,  top secret  til its magazine debut

If you label a package as a gift (or declare a lower value), then you might not be insured if it gets damaged. Worth the risk? You decide.

PMSL@'top secret  til its magazine debut'   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Bongo

If you label a package as a gift then you will be insured, however it only provides tax exempt status for the first £30 or so.

Slacey

Quote from: "johnboy"..... this cuts out the tax, i dont know about in america tho
So you paid tax and VAT on your Hass goods then?

Quote from: "johnboy"And why oh why does everyone keep moaning about hass, the companys american, ITS IN AMERICA, that should say it all!
the argument regarding the quality of US vs Japanese product is pointless, some things will be better than others, others won't - that's the way it goes.

Quote from: "johnboy"the MR2 Roadster isn't american its japanese,whats a yank doing with a MR2, go get a mustang,
Yes the MR2 is Japanese. Hey, we live in the UK, go buy a Rover!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Quote from: "johnboy"i wouldn't buy from hass again, its too much messing and waiting about,
So what exactly did you buy from Hass? You mention having it 12 months ago, yet the original US prototype was only concieved around 10 months ago  s:? :? s:?  
Also,  It would seem from your tone that you don't rate the Hass product (if you do indeed have it), have you moved over to this Trust kit?

I really would be interested to see pics, PM them if you don't want them out on the forum. I'd like to compare my setup with yours.

Tags: