TTE Compressor on stock ECU

Started by inside, April 11, 2017, 16:12

inside

I've been contemplating to put a Corolla TSC engine in my mr2 (or just get the TTE kompressor kit on 2zz - basically the same).

What worries me the most is the ECU. Most people seem to run PFC and tune it, however that's really not an option where I live. Also standalone might not be the best for daily road car (idle, A/C, emissions...).

Ideally, I'd put a stock corolla TSC ecu in. Plenty of power/torque for me, and low lift engagement point. However, I haven't found anyone that's done this succesfully.

From what I've read, the corolla ecu cannot power instrument cluster or communicate with a/c hvac controls.

Anyone knows better, or anyway around this run the stock ECU?

I'd like to avoid running two ECU's... that might be even harder tuning PFC ecu in my country  s:) :) s:)

jvanzyl

Could you possibly go on a really long slow road trip to a country nearby that would offer the right tuning service?  :-) :-) :-)

Alex Knight

(Assuming 2ZZ here)

Corolla Compressor ECU will run the engine with no problems, but won't run the dash (gauges etc).

One solution would be to run x2 ECUs side by side (split the wiring loom) - stock 1ZZ ECU for water temp etc, and Compressor ECU to run the engine side of things.

Tags: