Are these any good?

Started by Namastebuzz, March 6, 2017, 18:20

Namastebuzz

keeper2611

There's been quite a bit of discussion on Facebook recently about these. A couple of people have got them already and seem pretty pleased. I think at least 3 or 4 more have ordered them on that basis.
2002 Red pfl being slowly modified

Essex2Visuvesi

depends on which ones you get
Seems that the better ones come from Che at topspeed in the US.  However there are some less well made ones floating around that have some silencer quality and fitmemnt issues

tommyzoom99

i have a proper CHE one from the US and its a nice bit of kit, i have had no problems, but some people have reported issues with cheap copies of them which is what you are looking at so just be aware thats not the real deal

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

Namastebuzz

OK thanks for the input everybody.

Seeing as my total budget for buying the car and rebuilding the engine is £600 I couldn't consider spending £4-500 on an exhaust but £200 is a bit more appealing.

jvanzyl

Keep an eye out for second hand good quality one like a cobra... that's how I got mine.
The simple fact is that the power gains are infinitesimal - it's all about the sound really.

But that should help your budget significantly..

If it were my £600 - I'd spend it on bushes, brakes & bracing.

beavisrules

Quote from: "Namastebuzz"OK thanks for the input everybody.

Seeing as my total budget for buying the car and rebuilding the engine is £600 I couldn't consider spending £4-500 on an exhaust but £200 is a bit more appealing.

stick with stock exhaust so you can buy more/better engine bits to replace during rebuild.

hachiroku

Quote from: "beavisrules"
Quote from: "Namastebuzz"OK thanks for the input everybody.

stick with stock exhaust so you can buy more/better engine bits to replace during rebuild.

+1

£200 seems more appealing now, but it wont when the thing is falling apart 6 months down the line. Heard a few horror stories about these CHE copies. Spend your hard-earned on some nice OEM bits for the rebuild - gaskets/rings/pumps/chain/tensioner etc.

Essex2Visuvesi

The standard exhaust is very heavy and quite restrictive, but it depends on you goals really

Namastebuzz

Thanks for the info.

Yeah I'm just looking at nice, shiny bits for the future rather than concentrating on the job in hand.

The engine I'm rebuilding is not that knackered so it's not gonna need a ton of parts but suspension/bushes/brakes would be the sensible next step.

Essex2Visuvesi

Quote from: "Namastebuzz"Thanks for the info.

Yeah I'm just looking at nice, shiny bits for the future rather than concentrating on the job in hand.

The engine I'm rebuilding is not that knackered so it's not gonna need a ton of parts but suspension/bushes/brakes would be the sensible next step.

And so the slippery slope begins for another

JoeCool

Can someone please send me a pot noodle, I bought coilovers.  s:( :( s:(   s:D :D s:D
2ZZ '02 Roadster

Essex2Visuvesi

Quote from: "JoeCool"Can someone please send me a pot noodle, I bought coilovers.  s:( :( s:(   s:D :D s:D

Tags: