Green Stuff Or Yellow Stuff Opinions

Started by Mikeymead, February 2, 2017, 09:08

Mikeymead

Hi all,

I'm looking to change my pads and discs in the next month or so and I'm seeking your opinion on Green Stuff or Yellow Stuff pad.

Car still on standard engine and used mainly as a weekend toy though will be doing the odd sprint/hillclimb school.

Any feedback welcome.

Cheers.
Ding Day 2016 "Best In Show" & "Inspector Gadget" winner, not that I'm gloating or anything like that!

cptspaulding

Some discussion on this thread appears to favour the yellowstuff pads for fast road.
Former owner 2003, 2zz conversion.

ad_car_08

My understanding is that green stuff are pretty much the same standard as OE pads. I've read people have got on well with them, but I personally had a bad experience (although that could just have been a duff set).
I've recently fit yellow stuff to the rear of my weekend toy/track day car - they work well! Definitely recommend
[size=85]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster - Track toy
Honda Civic EX 1.0T - Company Car
[/size]

brettfield999

Quote from: "cptspaulding"Some discussion on this thread appears to favour the yellowstuff pads for fast road.

+1

I've got green stuff now and had them on previous cars and I think they are a designed to be a little better than OE, they are okay they aren't going to change your life. Next time round I'm experimenting with yellow stuff
[strike]2000 Blue PFL MR2 Roadster with 187K, engine blown[/strike]<br />[strike]2000 Blue MRS, 80K[/strike]<br />[strike]2001 Blue PFL MR2 Roadster 131K, 2ZZ,[/strike]<br />[strike]2003 Silver FL MR2 Roadster with 81K now daily driver, 2ZZ by Headcase[/strike]

theredone

I use yellow stuff all round on the yaris - works well on the wet/muddy back lanes.

Mikeymead

Thanks for the replies, looks like it's a yes for the Yellows, will match my callipers then.
Ding Day 2016 "Best In Show" & "Inspector Gadget" winner, not that I'm gloating or anything like that!

JoeCool

I've got Green stuffs on the front of mine. I've done sprints and the Nurburgring and I have sticky tyres, and I'm very happy with them. I haven't subjected them to hard track use (a trackday brake use is somewhat different to the Nurburgring, which doesn't really have any super deep braking zones in it close together)

It looks like they got a bad rap a few years ago for fast wear and not much braking performance improvement, but they then changed the compound. I decided to give them a shot, as I won't tolerate any lack of cold performance and my car does get used 90% on the road. I've been very happy with them.
2ZZ '02 Roadster

MR TWO

Yellow works well for me
1MZFE, Emerald ECU, LSD, BC coilovers, custom middle & front under brace, F / R strut brace. Slotted discs & yellow pads, Blue flame exhaust.
Carrera leather seats, Davids bars, Focal subwoofer & voce speakers & bling !
TRD Stage 2 F & R spoilers,  Haltezza bonnet, C1 side vents, JDL rear panel

Bossworld

For some reason my car came with reds on the rears, though it would seem they do very little of the braking. No issues other than they seem to kick up a lot of dust

JoeCool

Quote from: "Bossworld"For some reason my car came with reds on the rears, though it would seem they do very little of the braking. No issues other than they seem to kick up a lot of dust
Nah, they do much MORE of the braking on an MR2 than in normal cars, because you have the weight over the rear. That's why the front disks are so weeny, and the rears are pretty much the same size.
2ZZ '02 Roadster

Bossworld

Quote from: "JoeCool"
Quote from: "Bossworld"For some reason my car came with reds on the rears, though it would seem they do very little of the braking. No issues other than they seem to kick up a lot of dust
Nah, they do much MORE of the braking on an MR2 than in normal cars, because you have the weight over the rear. That's why the front disks are so weeny, and the rears are pretty much the same size.

Learned something new there then.  Bit concerning I had a ring of rust around the outside 1cm of the offside last month then! (seemed as though something was stuck).

Have cleaned and regreased everything now and have new slider pints to fit on the weekend.

Tags: