Brake light mod

Started by charl1ey, January 6, 2017, 16:18

charl1ey

Had a go at this over Xmas to make the rear brake light appear a bit more contemporary and integrated with the engine lid cover. Let me know what you think!

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Driving my 2 is the most fun you can have... with your pants on.
\'Giggity Giggity - allll right!\'

Topdownman

Looks good to me!

How did you make it?
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

charl1ey

Used a bit of bumper trim cut to size then spray painted.

Ardent

The whole thing looks the muts nutts to me.

Has Batman put an order in?
OAP just tops it off for me.

spuggy

subtle but sexy, i love it!
great mod, well done  s:D :D s:D
Instagram @spuggy72

shnazzle

there's a mod to copy  s:) :) s:)
...neutiquam erro.

charl1ey

Cheers guys.  if anyone wants deets on how I made it it's fairly straightforward. Just some black plastic bumper trim. Flattened, dremmelled to size, painted and stuck on. Any questions let me know.

Kenny_G

I like that - nice and subtle - was it an actual section of a bumper you used or a bump strip for example?

Wondering if you could get a similar effect with some vinyl... could be a nice easy first modification for me  s:) :) s:)

charl1ey

Quote from: "Kenny_G"I like that - nice and subtle - was it an actual section of a bumper you used or a bump strip for example?

Wondering if you could get a similar effect with some vinyl... could be a nice easy first modification for me  s:) :) s:)
I did a few prototype ideas and actually did one with black Vinyl and it looked ok. But if you notice on custom made third brakelights on The Boxter for example, there is a small lip which hangs over. So I made it with this in mind. The material was just a 1m length of black bumper strip off eBay think it's 50mm wide. Took the light out and cut a template. Then reassembled. Stuck it on and painted. Happy to knock these out if there is interest. Could even fit to people's brake lights and post back maybe? Might wake up and think this is a daft idea. Lol. ...

shnazzle

I'm still confused as to what a "bumper strip" is
...neutiquam erro.

jvanzyl

Quote from: "shnazzle"I'm still confused as to what a "bumper strip" is

Ditto! Is there a 2 our there with a "strip" cut out of it's rear bumper??

charl1ey

m https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321736862596 m  

charl1ey

This is the stuff you can get it up to about 50mm wide

jvanzyl

Ah! Missed the link you provided! So it's suitable to be sprayed in different colours?
Could you let me know how much one of your pre-cut outs would be? Very interested!

charl1ey

What colour do you need? You can get it in Black and Silver. Or you could spray the black trim whatever colour you wanted I guess. Also the brakelight is about 55cm depth. So even with the strip applied you need to cover a the rear edge of the brake light. I used black vinyl to blend in or you could paint it. I don't have any more but could consider ordering some more and cut to size. If you want a black version I'd be happy to it all if you sent your brakelight in. I'd do the whole thing and send it back for £35 plus postage. Other colours. Not sure would depend on paint costs as well.

charl1ey

neil c

That's really neat, well done

Tags: