New tyres

Started by Kev6107, October 2, 2016, 18:16

MannyUK

Quote from: "Kev6107"Looking for new tyres thinking of toyo r888 or Yokohama ado8r anyone run these or recommend any others

I used to run R888's all year round on my MR2 mk2.  They were fine in wet & dry weather as long as you respect them.  They are not like driving on ice in rain, they react normally.

Just dont plant your foot.
Buttery biscuit base

insx

Just jumping on here. As Toyo Proxes T1-Rs don't seem to be available in the FL stock 215/45/R16 size, is there any problem going 185/55/R15 at the front and 225/40/R16 at the back? I already have nearly new Toyos at the front but some horrible Alpha budget things at the back.

shnazzle

No problem at all. You'll notice a bit more grip on the rear,a fast turn-in, and if anything some more understeer. Believe it or not if I change my handling, it will be to reduce understeer on hard corners.
And that;s on 195 fronts and 225 rears.
...neutiquam erro.

pmr01

replaced my 888s with Ad08Rs....absolutely brilliant tyre although mine is used as a road car. I think they make far better road tyres than 888s

I use the car all year round and don't think that the damp / cold weather grip is that bad. Scotland.

Tags: