Engine conversion options

Started by Eastsoutheast, May 14, 2016, 09:14

Eastsoutheast

Has anyone tried fitting a mini JCW engine to the MR2? its a small compact engine and I know from past experience its easy to tune to 250BHP and 250LBFT.

This would make for a fantastic conversion and there are loads of available cars out there.

Thanks
Brian

s12vea

There is a build thread somewhere fitting a jcw supercharger to a 1zz. I'm sure there are better swaps
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

loadswine

The engine from the current Fiesta ST would be a good option, if someone could get it all hooked up.
I would really like a lightweight,powerful,cheap, bang up to date V6, but unlikely to happen.  s;) ;) s;)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

SuperArt

Hayabusa V8 (siamesed bike engines) would be amazing. Z-cars can do it for you, for the right price...
Best regards,
Arthur
Essex - "Always happy to meet up for a weekend drive"
Making demented squirrel noises since 2014
TTE "Turbo Dodo" - https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?msg=797148
TTE Turbo "Friday" - https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=73711.0

secla

Quote from: "SuperArt"Hayabusa V8 (siamesed bike engines) would be amazing. Z-cars can do it for you, for the right price...

Think they closed a while back as the partner who took it over ran it into the ground, I believe the original owners is taking it on again but not sure there back up and running yet.

But you would be looking at big money going there

Eastsoutheast

I really want to get 200BHP from my MR2 as i am sure this would make it a fantastic car, not that its not already. I also want reliability so nothing too high strung. My engine has a genuine 66000 miles, runs sweetly and uses zero oil so maybe a turbo conversion? Would want to spend £3K max for the finished article although after 200BHP I know I would need to improve brakes and suspension.

Jrichards20

Looking to do the work yourself or pay someone?
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

Eastsoutheast

it would have to be fairly straightforward work for me to do myself!

Would want someone to do it for me although would be happy to help (and learn).

Cheers,
Brian

vinp182

Keep your eyes peeled for a second hand turbo kit mate
2001 Nissan Silvia S15 SpecR
2000 MR-S...... Between engines
1993 Rev4 Turbo mk2 300whp
1994 Rev3 Turbo mk2
2004 Renaultsport Clio182

Tags: