Gasket from exhaust manifold to cat pipe.

Started by Philip0694, May 11, 2016, 13:06

Philip0694

Hi everyone,

I've just brought a toyosport exhaust manifold but I need the gasket from the bottom of it to the catalytic pipe, does anybody know where I can purchase one from? I've tried eBay but nothing.

Regards
Philip

wotugonado

Toyota crush/donut gaskets, don't use anything else they're usually crappy.
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

Philip0694

Will they work as the toyosport manifold has a different flange compared to the standard crush gasket

wotugonado

l viewtopic.php?f=11&t=34531&p=414371 l
As your new and I'm in a good mood click the link above  s:) :) s:)  
Also top right hand corner search function there's not much that hasn't been covered before.
Good luck with it .
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

Philip0694

Hi

Thank you, I'm at work so can't search for to long.

Mark A

I had similar problem, the Toyota o rings will fit but it's a pain positioning them as the toyo has a flat surface and no depression to hold the rings in place.

jeffsimply

The cat does though- they won't go anywhere trust me. Just don't overtighten the 3 bolts.

I have tried aftermarket gaskets and even copper exhaust paste. OE Toyota is the only one that hasn't blown for me (yet).

mrzwei

Use a smear of something like Granvill3 Blue Gasket Sealant for a 'belt and braces' job.

Also, tighten everything progressively ie don't torque up the manifold and then the cat, you need to tease a good join.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

Tags: