To All MAF Modders

Started by CrazySX, April 28, 2016, 15:05

CrazySX

Have you done the MAF Mod?

What has been your experience of it?

I have done mine recently, and my fuel economy seems to have gone from bad to worse!

Although i can defo feet the difference with the mod!

jvanzyl

Well.. you know my experience of it!

My fuel economy didn't reeeally suffer.. if anything I think it was pretty much the same despite me having a heavier foot.

shnazzle

Kind of make sense that efficiency goes down  s:) :) s:)
I wish I put this on before putting on he emanage so I could see what difference it makes, and also compared to the emanage on stock.
...neutiquam erro.

CrazySX

aw.. John, i feel bad for you.  Have you sent the injectors back yet?

Maybe i have been caning it a bit more now i have the mod, and to be fair i was sitting in stand still traffic on monday and tuesday for probably 1.5 hrs in total.

The gutting thing is i used 99ron.  I will fill her up with 95 and see how it fairs.

I will also get a more accurate MPG figure for you guys to examine, once i fill her up as then i can do miles to gallons used.

shnazzle

Why would you put 95 in? That's against the "rules" of the maf mod. It changes timing and you may introduce knock
...neutiquam erro.

CrazySX

Quote from: "shnazzle"Why would you put 95 in? That's against the "rules" of the maf mod. It changes timing and you may introduce knock

If you read Cap's thread carefully, the knock is determined by ambient temp.  At the moment there is no danger of a high ambient temp in the UK :p

As it gets warmer i will switch back to 99.

shnazzle

Fine point. Well put  s:) :) s:)
...neutiquam erro.

Tags: