DD Racing - front strut

Started by nadeemxb, March 29, 2016, 19:11

nadeemxb

Hi
I was looking for an Ultra Racing front strut for my car - really liked the one I had on my last car. I can only seem to see the original design available now - straight not kinked around the front box. Then I saw a DD Racing brace on eBay - to look at it I'm sure its a rebranded Ultra Racing but does anyone know for sure and are they as good if it's a different manufacturer?

Topdownman

I have a DD racing front strut. Not tried any others though to compare it to!
It fitted fine and you do notice the difference when fitted. You do have to unclip the froot lid rather than open it the usual way but not a problem.

It was a lot cheaper than the ultra racing but not sure why.
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

shnazzle

Mr mr2 pointed me to the DD a while back. Certainly seems to be the one I would go for as the one that allows for frunk lid opening has made hen's teeth look common
...neutiquam erro.

jvanzyl

Hey man,
I think I found what you want on eBay

It's the right shape?

jeffsimply

You can get UR front strut brace from GT4Play on here.

HFB

Quote from: "jvanzyl"Hey man,
I think I found what you want on eBay

It's the right shape?

For an extra £8 you could get a brand new one form here

m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380920954634? ... EBIDX%3AIT m

GT4 Play also do them, a bit cheaper too, but unfortunately are 3-4 weeks wait time for stock to come in (not a problem if you are in no rush - helpful chap too!)

HFB
2000 Roadster
Silver (Blue go faster stripe)
2ZZ, Miester Zeta CRD+ Coilovers, Megillian Custom Exhaust & Underbody Brace and 1/2 cage (and working soft top), Patrick Chambers Enclosed air intake and oil cooler, badly re-furbed alloys :D

nadeemxb

Thanks for all the very helpful responses. I'll drop GT4 a message in that case and try to get a new Ultra Racing and maybe a few other bits while I'm on. Not in a rush for it.

justinread72

Quote from: "nadeemxb"Thanks for all the very helpful responses. I'll drop GT4 a message in that case and try to get a new Ultra Racing and maybe a few other bits while I'm on. Not in a rush for it.

Gt4 great service I have had

Tags: