Full rollcage and underbrace

Started by secla, March 21, 2016, 13:34

secla

I just got one of matts last underbraces but I'm debating whether to fit it or not as I intend to get a full weld in cage next winter, will the cage make a underbrace a bit pointless ?

J03

If you're hitting the track I would say every little helps. On a road car however, stiffer isn't always better.
The Silver Shed - 2zz Rotrex ........  viewtopic.php?f=88&t=53969

Jrichards20

The full cage would probably make the underbrace effect negligible, but cant say for sure. Best bet is to fit it for the moment as it will help until the winter (if your driving it in-between). Then once you've got the cage in, you can experiment with the brace on and off. If its kept in good condition and you find you don't need it once the cage is in, im sure you will be able to sell it on.
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

secla

Definately track, it's not a road car

Yeh I guess I may aswell fit it

shnazzle

As above... Try it and sell it if it does nothing.

It makes a hell of a difference to the cars (without roll cages) so if you don't notice anything, might as well share the wealth  s:) :) s:)
...neutiquam erro.

secla

I was just considering the fact it's brand new and there not made anymore it's probably worth what I paid for it.

But I've got a whole summer of trackdays before the cage will go in so I guess for the £ it will lose will be made up in the performance through the summer

shnazzle

Quote from: "secla"I was just considering the fact it's brand new and there not made anymore it's probably worth what I paid for it.

But I've got a whole summer of trackdays before the cage will go in so I guess for the £ it will lose will be made up in the performance through the summer
Not being funny but as these are not being made anymore by Matt, you might lose a 10 er tops  s:) :) s:)  Even with scuffs.
It's a collectors item now haha
...neutiquam erro.

hamspeed

It will also depend on the cage design and installation, seam-welding and adding additional gussets will obviously help a lot. If you aren't bogged down by red tape or regulations for a specific series then go wild!  s:D :D s:D
02' Toyota MR2 Roadster Race Car -
Owner @ GarageFiftyNine - Supplier of Automotive parts and accessories | Stainless Steel Manifolds | LED/DRL Fo

secla

the only things i have plans to enter are time attack or totb
which are pretty much unregulated, although certain things will bump you up into a different class

Tags: