brown vs yellow- MAF mod

Started by jvanzyl, March 11, 2016, 20:58

jvanzyl

Hey guys,
So IF my MOT goes well on Monday next week, I'm feeling like I will celebrate with the MAF mod!
However, in my research for sources of injectors I found that mwr sell brown 2zz injectors which apparently have a better spray pattern and I think increased capacity.
Does anyone have any thoughts on going with yellow vs brown injectors?

Cheers!

shnazzle

Methinks the maf mod trickery is very much fine tuned for yellow injectors to compensate. Unless you're feeling adventurous
...neutiquam erro.

jvanzyl

Guess I'm a sucker for the advertising line on mwr  m http://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/produ ... ts_id=1532 m  that it also works for the MAF mod!

I've found you can get yellow injectors for like £25 second hand ( bayofE  151989190393)... I'm guessing the smart thing to do is get them cleaned prior to fitting?

shnazzle

Quote from: "jvanzyl"Guess I'm a sucker for the advertising line on mwr  m http://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/produ ... ts_id=1532 m  that it also works for the MAF mod!

I've found you can get yellow injectors for like £25 second hand ( bayofE  151989190393)... I'm guessing the smart thing to do is get them cleaned prior to fitting?
Oh hey! Well if they're a direct replacement then that's different.
I thought it had a higher flow rate or something.
I'd definitely go for brown then. Although, I've never heard of this misfire business
...neutiquam erro.

jvanzyl

Yeah my bad on the higher flow rate, that was a mistake. Soooooo price IS an issue here... I can find yellows el cheapo... But not Brown's.... And where on earth can you buy the spacer from? I can't mill anything myself at the moment...

shnazzle

I can't imagine I'll be using mine mate so I may have it for sale. Also, it might come with 4 yellow injectors if I can't get the Celica running today
...neutiquam erro.

jvanzyl

Ah! Cool well dibs then!!! Feel bad trying to benefit of your loss though... I do hope you manage to get the celica running!
How's the Mazda?

shnazzle

Mazda is on hold  s:) :) s:)  Helen decided she wants to have quattro comfort and security alongside Jack the Ripper (new car). Prob another 6 months or so

Don't feel bad.. Won't be for free haha
...neutiquam erro.

mr mr2

I think you should keep the Audi lovely car and any way it's only money lol
Excelsior

shnazzle

Haha. Easy said for us, we're not paying for it haha
I've got 0 car payments hehe. Helen compensates.
2 two's and 1 Mazda5 is still cheaper than 1 two and 1 a5
...neutiquam erro.

Tags: