Rotrex 2ZZ

Started by KJPG, March 9, 2016, 09:44

KJPG

Currently going through the works of getting my 2zz fitted with a rotrex, I'm at the stage now of acutally purchasing the blower, just wondering if all of the C30 series have the same fitment pattern?

The bracket I have was originally fitted with a c30-94, however I'm thinking of picking up a c30-84 due to not wanting 320+, only a reliable 300!

Thanks in advance.

cabbydave

I'm fairly certain they are the same take a pic of your bracket with a ruler next to it

J03

Just stick with the 94 series & have the tuners pull it back at the top end. My first tune running the 94 was pulled down to 309 with a 7800rpm limiter & that's with a smaller pulley size. It'll give you more scope for upping the power at a later date, if (when) you decide 300 isn't enough   s:D :D s:D
The Silver Shed - 2zz Rotrex ........  viewtopic.php?f=88&t=53969

jeffsimply

That will absolutely fly!! Please post vids, maybe a speedo acceleration vid or two!

J03

Quote from: "jeffsimply"That will absolutely fly!! Please post vids, maybe a speedo acceleration vid or two!

Here's a tame 2nd/3rd gear acceleration vid in the Celica (309bhp tune) if it's of any interest. Shedding 200kg, adding rwd & a bit of extra boost will be much better though   s:D :D s:D  

[youtube:nu5cm8c7]onXws6VlMEk[/youtube:nu5cm8c7]

jeffsimply

s:scared: :scared: s:scared:  

Holy moly!

Once you have a 2ZZ, how much does such a kit cost?

cabbydave

JO3 what ECU are you using?

J03

Using the Apexi PFC Dave.

KJPG

J03 where are you located? I work in  Huddersfield but I'd love to see how you've done it, the main reason behind an 84 was due to the higher rpm for the same power = more whine!

BTW guys when it's running I'll get videos up, I've got the 2zz in already but I'm a while away from completion! It's my drift car!

J03

Sorry mate the '2 isn't done yet, that's my old Celica. Lee at Se7en Motorsports will be doing my install, hopefully later on in the year   s:) :) s:)  I'm over BD20 way.

The Rotrex doesn't really whine like a roots 'charger, they sound more like a jet engine! (Better)   s:D :D s:D    s8) 8) s8)  

Will you be installing beefier cams to smooth out the power delivery?

KJPG

I'd like to however this is supposed to be a budget build! Apart from the BattleVersion steering setup that's caught my attention!

cabbydave

Is your ecu the one designed for a 2zz?

J03

Quote from: "KJPG"I'd like to however this is supposed to be a budget build! Apart from the BattleVersion steering setup that's caught my attention!

All '2 projects seem to be "budget" on here  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   Come on man, treat her a little bit   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Beefier cams are highly recommended, as hitting lift on a boosted motor could be pretty unsettling. With the cams you get a nice linear, predictable power delivery.

KJPG

Yeah, at the same time I've already dropped a very large amount on suspension, engine, gearbox, brakes and soon to be charger! The steering is obviously the main thing with the lock being so crap!

J03

Quote from: "cabbydave"Is your ecu the one designed for a 2zz?

Yes 2zz specific.

Tags: