Air Con

Started by cabbydave, March 1, 2016, 20:22

cabbydave

Has anyone looked into putting the Air Con compressor on the exhaust side of the engine? I need to do this on my new project to keep the A/C

StuC

I am guessing it would have to be pretty low on that side.
Don't forget the pipes. I'd imagine that they'd be just as hard to route.
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

mr-ed_smt

Thinking (well) outside the box... maybe you could use an electric aircon pump, and move the whole setup to the front?? You could lose the pipes running fore/aft, would distributed the extra weight more evenly, and would take some load off of the engine. Most hybrids use electric air con pumps and you can pick them up cheaply on ebay. You'd need to fabricate the plumbing, and would need to sort the electrics (so the pump switches on when the air con button is pressed?)
[size=85]The never ending project - cherished daily driver, to fully-caged track toy![/size]

loadswine

As an off the wall idea, would it be easier to move the alternator instead, and site the rotrex in that position?
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

StuC

Quote from: "mr-ed_smt"Thinking (well) outside the box... maybe you could use an electric aircon pump, and move the whole setup to the front?? You could lose the pipes running fore/aft, would distributed the extra weight more evenly, and would take some load off of the engine. Most hybrids use electric air con pumps and you can pick them up cheaply on ebay. You'd need to fabricate the plumbing, and would need to sort the electrics (so the pump switches on when the air con button is pressed?)
I think this is a good shout. Should be cheaper to refilling as there is less gas.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

I might have to do some digging on this as is makes alot of sense.
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Tags: