Anyone else setup launch control?

Started by stupink, January 30, 2016, 22:43

stupink

Now I've setup my traction control I've started to setup its launch control feature, since its injector cut not ignition cut it's a bit nicer to the engine than the last launch control I tried with was ignition retard making for very much heat hence I never set it up fully...

I've nearly got it there now, but wondering if anyone else had done so in the past and if so what Wet and Dry launch RPM they used?

I've only got wet roads at the moment, but set to 4,500rpm and its still bogging down(getting close now as it wheelspins with cold tyres, but bogs down with hot tyres).. but obviously once it's dry i'll need to set that up too and can't for now..

Latest settings tested on a wet but flat road, bogged down hence the 2.1s+ 60ft time(should run 1.8s i'd have thought without much stress?)

0-60 time on a wet road with the engine bogging down  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   got to love turbo roadsters  s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  

2001 1ZZ turbo. 293hp home build all the way

stupink

got the wet setting now at 4,500 and the dry setting at 4,800.   wet setting will launch in a torrential downpour at 4.5-4.8s time and time again, and now the dry setting launches in the wet at 4.268s 0-60  s:D :D s:D  haha.. but wheelspins now, so need some dry tarmac to test that in the dry..

Anonymous

How you letting the clutch go, progressive or instant

Jrichards20

4.2 seconds. Jesus that's quick.
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

stupink

Quote from: "rbuckingham"How you letting the clutch go, progressive or instant
Not as progressively as would make sense. But not quite just letting go. I have to do it quicker than I'd like because its a paddle clutch, if you slip it much, then when you finally let go it will keep slipping.  So I'm trying to get the right rpm to stop it bogging down, but not so much it just spins.

Bugster_MR2

Plz post videos!  s:) :) s:)
Bugster
2001 red with KW3, TRD rear brace, Zero race cat and MAF-mod.
2003 silver TTE Turbo, underbrace, sidescoops, style bar, front bumper, rear spoiler, interior garnish, exhaust

masterpppp

That looks awesome - I need to get a launch control. What setup have you got?

stupink

Launch control is via racelogic's traction control, beyond that I've got a Gt28r turbo chargecooled running around 300hp,  kinda tweeked but not miles off standard rest of car  s:) :) s:)  I have a build thread if you search my posts  s:) :) s:)

I'll try to video the test I do when its next dry(unbelievably havnt had a dry day since .. )

Tags: