2ZZ GT300 restoration NEW pics added.

Started by Ilogik, February 18, 2010, 16:26

Ilogik

Painted the calipers phill, just need some new pads now as I got a bit of paint on the pads and they don't look too great   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

got a couple of shots from above, looking more and more like a gt300 than a 4x4  s:) :) s:)  

Had an 02 conditioner fitted today to stop the cat cel flashing up so all good so far no cel  s:) :) s:)
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

Dyn-Evo

Quote from: "Ilogik"got a couple of shots from above, looking more and more like a gt300 than a 4x4  s:) :) s:)  

STILL needs the rear wing, though, to finish it off, mate....!   s:D :D s:D  

Looks almost naked without one!!?
Current: 2006 Toyota Corolla T-Sport COMPRESSOR 215hp, Silver, totally stock!
EX]V6[/color]  \":-)\"   )
Black Leather interior, "micro-lip" rear spoiler, Refurbed OEM 15" Pewter Metallics, Cobra Quad-Exit, HEL SS braided hoses, EBC pads, AEM DryFlow CAI.
Ex: "NightHawk" MR2 Mk1 4AG-ZE AE101 S/C conversion (170hp), water injection
Ex: MR2 Mk1b stock 4AGE

Ilogik

Most recent pics from front end refurbish

and my new addition yet to be fitted

mattbrown82

Car gets better all the time.  Is there much left to do?

Would love to go 2zz one day. How do you rate it to your other setups.
[size=85]00 silver
01 Blue 2zz - sold
03 Sable - sold[/size]

Ilogik

2zz is the most enjoyable car to drive out of the various set up, totally gone off the idea of turbos, they just don't do it for me, easy power but thats it. Really like the revvy engine, easy to drive when you can't be bothered too. Once you hit 6k it rumbles   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

With a project car you could keep diong things to it   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  worst thing about it, need to get the other half painted up and bits of fibreglass repaired, new rear tyres, full wheel geometry are the main ones, then after that new brakes + pads and then random jobs like getting the wheels refurbished. Then it should be back to top quality condition.

If i decide to tune it up a bit maybe a power fc or an emanage to lower the lift point.

mattbrown82

Should keep you busy for a while then   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Does the engine drop out of lift when changing up a gear?
[size=85]00 silver
01 Blue 2zz - sold
03 Sable - sold[/size]

Ilogik

its quite hard as you tend to be doing silly speeds once you lift and you need to be quick the changes.

mattbrown82

Is it just a case of getting used to the shift points or are the gear ratios to long?

Have you got the C64 gearbox from the Celica?
[size=85]00 silver
01 Blue 2zz - sold
03 Sable - sold[/size]

freak_in_cage

Love the colour

Body kit is ok

IMO (not that you care of course  s:) :) s:)  )

1) Needs some kind of spoiler or wing- although fairly subtle i would say. Maybe something off a TT?

m http://picsicio.us/keyword/spoiler%20audi%20tt/ m

m http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h ... 9,r:11,s:0 m

2) If they are to your taste then fine- but the alloys dont quite work. Need less alloy and more spindles. Totally IMO of course.

3) What type of exhaust? Please tell me its a TTE twin style!!

Ilogik

Its factory built so leaving everything as it is pretty much, wheels included and i hate multi spoke, they just look so cheap, exhaust is an Apexi single exit.

The car is built to celebrate the jgtc so has to be ott   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  being one of two in the country and 1 out of 100 originals the less i do the better i think hopefully the time put into it pays off in the future when it becomes that little bit more special.

nathanMR2

Im not sure he gets it Al   s:? :? s:?
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

uktotty

LOL@Bodykit  s:) :) s:)

Ilogik

haha i know guess the Exige has a bodykit, still i wouldn't complain about an exige.

deadmau5

Any chance of a picture from the rear? Every shot seems to be of the front or side. Thanks

skinz

Quote from: "deadmau5"Any chance of a picture from the rear? Every shot seems to be of the front or side. Thanks

Rear End pic in Exhaust thread :  l viewtopic.php?f=8&t=30042 l

Ilogik

Quote from: "deadmau5"Any chance of a picture from the rear? Every shot seems to be of the front or side. Thanks

Still waiting for the rear end to get sorted out and painted up to match. Would like to go for the TRD exhaust for the gt300. But more money and expense if rather spend elsewhere.

These are all before it was lowered too so slightly out dated

Ilogik

Crikey, not updated this for awhile, the above pic looks somewhat like a 4x4, the car now sit much much lower. Had a little wash over the weekend and invested in some treats for both the inside and outside of the car.

New conti sport 3's to go all round and full wheel alignment over the weekend  s:) :) s:)  

ready or when the weather pics up  s:) :) s:)  

Deffo stands out from the crowd lol.

New rubber looks a lot bigger than the current rubber.

JiMR2

Hey Al

Is there a rear bumper splitter or something that can be added? The rear seems like its missing a lip or something to my eyes, compared to the sides and skirts...

Also, can the rear lights be changed for facelift??

And can you change the exhaust, a dual one would like much better  s:P :P s:P  (Not sure what the trd zorst is...?)

If you can get all that done ASAP please that would be awesome.

Thanks.

Jim.
AKA Cinnamon Jim

Ilogik

haha i don't like the facelift lights and I don't like duel exit exhausts  s:P :P s:P   TBH I don't want to add anything due to it being an original car, trying to keep it true to its roots  s:) :) s:)  no point adding extra weight too.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Ilogik

this exhaust could tempt me, but its v expensive and requires lowering the rear crash bar.

JiMR2

Man those facelift lights, the dual exhaust and that carbon splitter thing look awesome!  s;) ;) s;)
AKA Cinnamon Jim

FGrob

I thought it was for sale
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

loadswine

Quote from: "Ilogik"this exhaust could tempt me, but its v expensive and requires lowering the rear crash bar.

Didn't Rogue do something similar with the 2zzturbo race car?
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

K T M Rider

your car looks superb.   s:D :D s:D  

I almost always hate aftermarket bodykits even when done well, but that kit works.

car does not need anything IMO, though would maybe benefit from a discreet rear bumper skirt & discreet rear spoiler.

and (pure personal taste) maybe an orange / black respray   s:P :P s:P , though the current blue is nice.
Grey 2012 GT86 / ex 2001 W / 2003 03 /2003 53 MR2s
Orange 2019 Aygo Xcite Daily Driver

Ilogik

i really wanted the vx220 orange, but it would make it even more in your face than it already is.

Rogue did a custom exhaust set up for Si's car, this is an actual complete unit from TRD in thailand. But at £750 id rather put the money elsewhere.

Tags: