Project Custard - Gearbox issues

Started by custardavenger, May 12, 2008, 18:16

uktotty

Quote from: "custardavenger"
Quote from: "uktotty"Can you also get some Avia .188 Carbon tubing? Its about $5 over there and $100 over here

What length? If it will fit in my bag then yes.
I think they are 1m or 1.5m mate
CHEERS  s:) :) s:)

custardavenger

They're not going to fit in my bag then. Not taking my skis. Will measure may bag tonight.
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

aaronjb

Quote from: "custardavenger"They're not going to fit in my bag then. Not taking my skis. Will measure may bag tonight.

Just snap 'em in half - they'll fit fine that way...
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

custardavenger

So rear suspension arms. I need some advice. Where is best price for Megans? Or should I go for the Che ones? I presume I can get them direct from him at cheaper than MWR price?
Project Custard Clicky

Anonymous

You are going to need a big bloody bag...

custardavenger

They're not that big.   s:? :? s:?
Project Custard Clicky

custardavenger

OK all parts ordered, and a list of things to buy while there. Not spent that much but bought alot of things that weren't worth the cost of shipping.

Other than that most stuff on hold till after the rally.
Project Custard Clicky

Christopherathens

Rob,we need an update man.
We want one more Rotrex'ed MR2 to hit the road soon.  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
2zz-gZe powered by J.P.Motis / WEB3.0
325.7 hp

www.mr2rotrex.blogspot.com

MR2 Club Of Greece

custardavenger

Well not much going on with it Chris. It's on the road and little jobs are getting done here and there but I'm just spending time chasing my fabricator (if only I could afford one that isn't so busy).

Also I don't know if you've read my banger rally thread but thats in 11 days so been mad busy with that. When that is out of the way I have the Commander to fix back into the dash and lots of very custom parts to fit (hopefully).

Will be picking up my BC's soon though.   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:   but won't go on till winter   s:( :( s:(  

Meant to ask. Have you got a thread about your mods. I've been trying not to look at your car too much as I'll only get myself upset about what mine could have been,   s:) :) s:)
Project Custard Clicky

Ilogik

Replied to wrong thread :p   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

But as with others hurry up man :p Not seen a charged roady before.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

Christopherathens

Quote from: "custardavenger"Well not much going on with it Chris. It's on the road and little jobs are getting done here and there but I'm just spending time chasing my fabricator (if only I could afford one that isn't so busy).

Also I don't know if you've read my banger rally thread but thats in 11 days so been mad busy with that. When that is out of the way I have the Commander to fix back into the dash and lots of very custom parts to fit (hopefully).

Will be picking up my BC's soon though.   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:   but won't go on till winter   s:( :( s:(  

Meant to ask. Have you got a thread about your mods. I've been trying not to look at your car too much as I'll only get myself upset about what mine could have been,   s:) :) s:)

Where is that rally thread,i cannot seem to find it even though i think i'm good at searching..  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
 Yes,i understand what you mean about time table..Patience is indeed a virtue,back in 2005 i sent my car by ship to Cyprus to undergo the 2zz install and waited almost 4 months to get it back...  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  
 So,i am most certain that when it is finished you'll have a grin on your face for months.  s:) :) s:)  

About my car i just started to create a blog that i will write everything..It will some time though for sure:
 m http://mr2rotrex.blogspot.com/ m

Cheers
2zz-gZe powered by J.P.Motis / WEB3.0
325.7 hp

www.mr2rotrex.blogspot.com

MR2 Club Of Greece

custardavenger

Probably not the easiest to find in a search.
 l viewtopic.php?f=6&t=24392 l

As I said the car is on the road. The only actual problem with it is the knock, which will be sorted when the water injection is sorted. So it's putting a smile on my face now.

I will be keeping an eye on your blog then.   s:D :D s:D
Project Custard Clicky

loadswine

I've followed Rob recently and have to say it goes rather well, especially considering the rev limit. With the full range, this will be one seriously nice car.  s8) 8) s8)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

custardavenger

So just a quick post to tell what I've been doing today.

I had the dash off and fitted the new and improved comander screen. Went fairly well (other than the bloody maplin cable I brought). There will be pics some time as I have also got the infor for a 'how to' on dash removal.

I must say a massive thanks to SteveJ for all the help he gave me on this. He has put many hours into this and without him I'm sure it would never have got done. Cheers Mate.
Project Custard Clicky

SteveJ

Quote from: "custardavenger"I must say a massive thanks to SteveJ for all the help he gave me on this. He has put many hours into this and without him I'm sure it would never have got done. Cheers Mate.

A fair trade methinks for the help swapping my gearbox and the use of your garage. Sorry I didnt get over today - I forgot I was supposed to be coming until it was too late   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Did you manage to connect up the keypad?

custardavenger

Thats fine mate. Didn't really need you. Only problem was that one of the cores of the maplin cable I used was bad. Sorted though and It's all beautiful. lol

I'm getting far too good at removing the dash now.
Project Custard Clicky

custardavenger

Ok then, Now I have a newly installed a new wideband sensor, I'm getting no errors from the LC1. Problem is I spend quite a bit of time getting the map at cruise right and it's now way rich. So I got the lap top out and drove out for a bit more mapping. And there was the problem. My logged AFR on the laptop is out to the guage. I can't remeber if there is a way of calibrating this?

Anyway to check the AFR on the laptop I ran copilot (had downloaded the latest) and that was reading off too by about 1.0 lean. Thought Id have a go at letting Copilot sort the tune out. It made it very much worse so I guess I still won't be using that then.

Anyway First problem is getting the laptop and guage reading the same. I believe the guage is the true reading but have no way of checking that. Anyone any ideas?
Project Custard Clicky

aaronjb

I presume the laptop is reading from the analogue output via the Datalogit, then, not via the digital connection to the LC-1?  You'll need to put the right parameters into whatever software you're using (FC-Edit?) - Copilot should come set with the right parameters by default IIRC.

Not sure.. I've never used the analogue out on the LC-1, only the digital (serial connection) to Copilot and the gauge (which read the same)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

custardavenger

Yeah I'm using the analogue. The digital is running the guage. Will have a look at the parameters on FC edit. Is there a way to adjust copilot?
Project Custard Clicky

philster_d

dont know if this is useful somehow?

l viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26377&p=325631#p325631 l

Found it out when I was looking at hooking the LC to the emanage.

SteveJ

Quote from: "custardavenger"Yeah I'm using the analogue. The digital is running the guage. Will have a look at the parameters on FC edit. Is there a way to adjust copilot?

Easiest way would be to adjust the output from the LC-1 to what the Datalogit is expecting - just need to edit the min / max output from output 2 on the LC-1

Word of warning though - you need to check you dont have an earth / ground offset between the signal ground for the LC-1 and the datalogit inputs.

custardavenger

Cheers guys.

Steve. they are definately on the same ground. Will have a play at work this week. Not really messed with the settings on the LC1. Will be happy to just get FC edit working right as I'm pretty confident with that.
Project Custard Clicky

custardavenger

Ok taking a break on mapping at the weekend meet I did manage to gat a little time on my car.

So the thing that was holding up other mods, The crash bar. Fitted

Now it isn't quite finished, but I needed it in place to get the WI tank finished. Once thats done and I've finished making the spare I will take them off for a tidy up, Galv dip and powder coat.

So I'm hoping to get to TTS this friday to finish the tank but here's some pics of how it is now.

Project Custard Clicky

inert2k3

Beautiful work as always Rob!   s:D :D s:D
02 MR2 Roadster]
Wanted]
Coming soon]

custardavenger

Ok. Update again.

WI tank is finished   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:     s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  
So just waiting for the rewire. Am half way there. Had a set back with installing a shift light but there will be pictures later.
Project Custard Clicky

Tags: