roadster accessory help

Started by Anonymous, February 20, 2007, 18:04

Anonymous

Quote from: "evileye_xc"Hi there and welcome. If your looking for first mods for your car I would go for lowered springs and a Corky's breastplate if you can get them. The springs will look good and the breastplate will improve the handling.

Phil

hi evileye
just getting my 2 lowered was just wondering how critical is was to get corky`s brestplate done?  s:?: :?: s:?:

Anonymous

Quote from: "sam-seed"sorry about that but i'm a new member and asking questions is a good way of getting to know people i would imagine most things have been asked on here at some point and if nobody asked anything it wouldn't be much of a forum or club would it what would be the point of a forum if you just used the search option??

Because it takes up precious database space that costs real money, and also because it's good manners?

It also saves the good people on here from answering:

Quote from: "bingalong"how critical is was to get corky`s brestplate done?

...for the millionth time. Still, to be nice: It's very good. Get it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ekona"
Quote from: "sam-seed"sorry about that but i'm a new member and asking questions is a good way of getting to know people i would imagine most things have been asked on here at some point and if nobody asked anything it wouldn't be much of a forum or club would it what would be the point of a forum if you just used the search option??

Because it takes up precious database space that costs real money, and also because it's good manners?

It also saves the good people on here from answering:

Quote from: "bingalong"how critical is was to get corky`s brestplate done?

...for the millionth time. Still, to be nice: It's very good. Get it.

but then if folk dont keep on posting these questions i carnt get my post tally up and be a post whore such as your self   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

kanujunkie

corky's breastplate isn't critical but will help. You can always use the TTE frame that fits under the entire car as an option as well, the same one thats fitted to the TTET. Corky is doing his own version of the TTE frame as well soon
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "bossman23780"but then if folk dont keep on posting these questions i carnt get my post tally up and be a post whore such as your self   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

I find it somewhat ironic that ROC's Resident Post Whore© was the next person to post in this thread...

s;) ;) s;)   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anyway, BOT...

Anonymous

so its good manners not to ask questions??
and it saves the good people on here from answering so again what is the point of a forum if nobody asks anything and nobody answers anything?

Anonymous

is this SC or ROC?   s:D :D s:D

rtbiscuit

hey post whoring is not allowed, i'm trying to get to 1000 by answer proper questions.

so yes. the corkies plate is a good choice first upgrade.

speak to chris GB i met with him this evening, his car is almost stock, mine is not. he drove his then liz's and then mine. and one of the comments he made was how much of a difference the breast plate and FSB made to the handling.   s8) 8) s8)  

my advice is if your not sure, don't buy anything yet.

come to a meet and see what other people have done, if you ask nicely most people will be more than willing to take you out (or show off what they have done) some may even let you try them out.

then you can come to your own conclusions. lots of people will give lots of advice, and each has their own likes and dislikes and what they want to achieve.

hope this helps. (and i did it with out being a post whore)   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

p.s. the forum would still work with the search facility, as you would add to old post which would then become new posts and people would then add as well.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

and so the circle of life continues!   s:D :D s:D
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

Anonymous

you can try and justify it all you want!!

your still a post whore   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

kanujunkie

Quote from: "sam-seed"so its good manners not to ask questions??
and it saves the good people on here from answering so again what is the point of a forum if nobody asks anything and nobody answers anything?

sorry if we come over this way, but a lot of subjects have been covered multiple times before and thats the point of the search facility thats on this forum. Yes ask questions but please have a search first in case it has been covered before

Thanks
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

aaronjb

Quote from: "sam-seed"so its good manners not to ask questions??

It's good manners not to ask questions which have been answered in great detail many times before, yes.  It's also good manners to respect the folks that run a forum like this.

Quoteand it saves the good people on here from answering so again what is the point of a forum if nobody asks anything and nobody answers anything?

The point is that people find the information they are looking for easily, since there aren't thousands of duplicated posts, just good, pertinent and accurate information that can be found in a search.

And, if someone needs information that isn't there, then they ask, and it gets discussed.

All without wasting bandwidth - which costs money, as Dan said (of course, not yours - or have you donated already I wonder?) - and without wasting database space - the storage for which also costs money.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

rtbiscuit

s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  i know   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

and you love it   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

as a post note, most things on here are highly resaleable (unless its feb (Phil))

so if you buy something, and your not happy, the ROC vultures will be swooping quicker than you can post a for sale notice on the forum.  s:D :D s:D  

i'm not only a post whore, but a ROC vulture to!   s8) 8) s8)
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

Anonymous

ive been on alot of forums and find the same problems people tend to get shitty with you because they are behind a computer if real identities were given out would people still be as shitty i wonder??

i've joined a forum to get information on a certain thing i dont mind guidance but dont get shitty!

aaronjb

Quote from: "sam-seed"ive been on alot of forums and find the same problems people tend to get shitty with you because they are behind a computer if real identities were given out would people still be as shitty i wonder??

i've joined a forum to get information on a certain thing i dont mind guidance but dont get shitty!

Please modify your language.

We are asking nicely, and politely, that you look for information first to avoid duplicating information, using up expensive space and expensive bandwidth.

And yes, if we were face to face I would be telling you exactly the same thing in exactly the same way.

We are all guests here.  Please abide by the rules and suggestions of the Administration.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)

Anonymous

yes thats right guests not kids

aaronjb

And your point being?

I don't believe anyone who has responded to you has acted like a child.  You have been treated with respect and politely asked to search for information before posting to avoid wasting space and money, that is all.

Anonymous

If you want to be treated like a kid then that's fine by us.

I'm locking this as it's now sadly going nowhere: If you want to continue this debate Sam, then feel free to PM me. The button's at the bottom of this post.

Tags: