Being as amazing as we are, the Committee has decided we've outgrown our hosting, so we'll be moving to a more capable host with more capacity and space soon! Stay tuned for the down time.

Firth of Clyde - Largs, Gourock, Glasgow, Dalry, Saltcoats

Post here your memorable drives and holiday routes so other members can know great places to go and good times to be had.
Please post a title for the route in the subject and support with descriptions in the text area, directions, maps, and any photos you think will show why you think it's a great route or holiday plan.
Forum rules
Posting here requires that you identify the route you have taken and any points along the routes you wish to call attention to, scenery, pubs, cafes, anything that shows people how to enjoy themselves.
Chit chat is not allowed, however if other members have updates regarding safety or variations to the route then you are encouraged to post them up.
As ever the club does not support competitive driving on the road, this is not the place for street racing or time trials, any posting will be reviewed and moderated as required should we see chit chat or behaviour likely to cause offense or breaches of road traffic laws.
delhusband
OBD2 Code Reader?: Yes

Firth of Clyde - Largs, Gourock, Glasgow, Dalry, Saltcoats

Postby delhusband » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:51 pm

Great night, so went for a drive round Largs, Gourock, Glasgow, and back home via some back roads round Dalry

Largs

Gourock

Top of Lyle hill in Greenock

Spotted this in Largs! Guy claimed he had a 500bhp turbocharged Hyabusa engine in it - whatever it puts out it'll be scaryfun
'06 Silver FL - Vanilla, skinny half sugar. (modless stock 1ZZ, -precats, +blitz lm panel filter)
Readers ride:http://mr2roc.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=62450&sid=069c764a710cd192b0aa8bac145c2536

Enjay
OBD2 Code Reader?: No

Re: Firth of Clyde - Largs, Gourock, Glasgow, Dalry, Saltcoats

Postby Enjay » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:19 pm

Very nice. Being way over here on the chilly NE corner of Scotland, I am envious of people with relatively easy access to the beautiful west coast. We've got some nice scenery around here but the west is spectacular. I get over there as often as possible.

Speaking of interesting vehicles in that colour scheme (kind of), a little garage near me has had this sitting outside for a while (although it wasn't there the last time I passed - though I think the garage owner likes to take it for a spin).

Plymouth Prowler in green and black (LHD). If you want to part with around £25,000 it's yours. :shock:

delhusband

Postby delhusband » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:49 pm

I like NE, lived Aberdeen '92-'98,' 03-'06 and Stonehaven' 06-'08. Loads of friends there, many happy memories, especially Wild Boar on Belmont St. - Uni buddy owns Books & Beans.
Prowler is rare, never seen one in wild. Concept headlights were cooler :)
'06 Silver FL - Vanilla, skinny half sugar. (modless stock 1ZZ, -precats, +blitz lm panel filter)
Readers ride:http://mr2roc.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=62450&sid=069c764a710cd192b0aa8bac145c2536

AxyMr2

Postby AxyMr2 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:53 pm

looks a cracker journey that will need to give it a try sometime soon , obviously going through port glasgow was the best part of the journey :D :lol:

Enjay

Postby Enjay » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:59 pm

Don't get me wrong, I do think it's nice here (and I live in a little village so i'm in the countryside) but the west is something else. Bennachie (link for non-locals) looks impressive if you haven't been out of Aberdeenshire for a while but whenever I come back from the west, I pass Bennachie and think "oh, is that it" :lol: (I love Bennachie actually, and spend loads of time walking on it.)

Books and Beans is cool. Been there a few times. And the Wild Boar, of course.

Not that I could afford (or justify) it, but (even with production headlamps) if that Prowler had been yellow and black... :lol:

delhusband

Postby delhusband » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:03 am

AxyMr2 wrote:obviously going through port glasgow was the best part of the journey :D :lol:

Of course! :) although I like joining the 737 heading west from the M8, just at the airport - you come hooning up that ramp and it feels like take-off, whilst big holiday jets are lining up to land almost directly above you :D

carolineasb

Postby carolineasb » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:55 pm

That's my route every time I leave work! I hate the numpties that sit in the inside lane at the on slip to the White Cart Viaduct though :(

I used to work in the Port and often came over the back road through Bridge of Weir and Kilmacolm, and I've got to say that the view of the Clyde coming down hill there is amazing!
2006 (56) Blue TF300 (Newbie)
2001 (Y) Silver (Oldie)

Return to “Great Drives & Adventures”