DING DAY 2017
Ding Day is now in progress...don't expect normal service on the forum!!!

Payments to the Club at Ding Day can now be made by credit/debit card

Great view of Arran & Cumbrae

Post here your memorable drives and holiday routes so other members can know great places to go and good times to be had.
Please post a title for the route in the subject and support with descriptions in the text area, directions, maps, and any photos you think will show why you think it's a great route or holiday plan.
Forum rules
Posting here requires that you identify the route you have taken and any points along the routes you wish to call attention to, scenery, pubs, cafes, anything that shows people how to enjoy themselves.
Chit chat is not allowed, however if other members have updates regarding safety or variations to the route then you are encouraged to post them up.
As ever the club does not support competitive driving on the road, this is not the place for street racing or time trials, any posting will be reviewed and moderated as required should we see chit chat or behaviour likely to cause offense or breaches of road traffic laws.
delhusband
OBD2 Code Reader?: No

Great view of Arran & Cumbrae

Postby delhusband » Thu May 18, 2017 7:27 pm

Nice little run near where we stay is A78 from Ardrossan - B780 - Fairlie moor road - A78 back to Ardrossan. You get a great view of Arran and Cumbrae at the top of the Fairlie Moor (although the road is a bit rough, go easy if you're on a lowered setup).
If you stay over in the area I recommend catching the ferry across to Arran & having a blast round there too!

MyMR2

Re: Great view of Arran & Cumbrae

Postby MyMR2 » Tue May 23, 2017 11:31 am

delhusband wrote:Nice little run near where we stay is A78 from Ardrossan - B780 - Fairlie moor road - A78 back to Ardrossan. You get a great view of Arran and Cumbrae at the top of the Fairlie Moor (although the road is a bit rough, go easy if you're on a lowered setup).
If you stay over in the area I recommend catching the ferry across to Arran & having a blast round there too!

We've just come back from a 1020 mile trip around Scotland and over to Arran, then off Arran over Glencoe to Fort William
An absolute stunning road and great twists and turns.
In all there was 5 of us, 4 on sports motorbikes and me in the MR2. Comments after were that car handles really well
Will upload some photos soon

Fin
OBD2 Code Reader?: Yes

Postby Fin » Tue May 23, 2017 12:06 pm

Well that brought some memories flooding back!
My gran used to live in Shortlees, just outside Kilmarnock. We used to look at Arran rising out of the morning mist from the front windows. She was right at the top of the hill. I'm from up that way myself. Keep meaning to pop up and visit for a few days...
The Sun is out, the sky is blue,
The roof is down on my MR2,
And I'm grinning, grinning ear to ear!

puma2

Postby puma2 » Tue May 23, 2017 7:33 pm

very nice pictures and looks a good background for a nice run out :D

delhusband

Postby delhusband » Tue May 23, 2017 7:54 pm

Thanks all, really appreciate the feedback. MyMR2, Glencoe trip is a great road. If you ever get thr chance keep heading up North. See the bit i wrote on Applecross pass :-)

Return to “Great Drives & Adventures”