Teaser: New forum is installed... ;) .....You just can't have access to it yet...
Next steps: Moving all the styling and fixes done over the past few weeks over to the new location. and then doing the data move, and then fixing the broken data
Almost, folks!

Hi from Shropshire

Welcome to the MR2 Roadster Owners Club

New members are encouraged to introduce yourselves here, say a bit about yourselves, and ask any questions you feel you need answers too. Once you have spent a bit of time here and made yourself comfortable then please move to the regular forums.
This is how to host a pic on MR2ROC
Forum rules
Normal Forum rules apply with the addition that no flaming will be permitted what-so-ever. This area is set up to allow new members to introduce themselves and familiarise themselves.
Ryderbike
OBD2 Code Reader?: Yes

Hi from Shropshire

Postby Ryderbike » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:21 pm

Beginning our search for a roadster and thought registering here and a lot of reading would be a good place to start .
Doing as little as possible , if that .

delhusband

Re: Hi from Shropshire

Postby delhusband » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:26 pm

Hi, welcome! There's lots of good info in the new members section, good luck and happy hunting :)
'06 Silver FL - Vanilla, skinny half sugar. (modless stock 1ZZ, -precats, +blitz lm panel filter). Readers ride: My Silver' 06

Topdownman

Postby Topdownman » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:49 pm

Welcome, you have come to the right place (and right time of year too).

Check out the buyers guide for lots of useful info.

Drive as many as you can and expect to need new tyres, suspension, brake overhaul unless there is proof this has recently been done.
"Racing" tax disc holder binned, Poundland air freshener. ran out, Annoying cylinder deficiency sorted.

delhusband

Postby delhusband » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:03 pm

'06 Silver FL - Vanilla, skinny half sugar. (modless stock 1ZZ, -precats, +blitz lm panel filter). Readers ride: My Silver' 06

Call the midlife!
OBD2 Code Reader?: No

Postby Call the midlife! » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:40 pm

Welcome. There’s a few advertised on the various Facebook MR2 groups at the moment as well, if you do that kind of thing.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bernie11a
MR2ROC Chairman
OBD2 Code Reader?: No

Postby bernie11a » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:48 pm

Welcome along and happy hunting hope you find a good one as had been said check out Buyers Guide
Current - Black 2004 N/A 171BHP

Prev - 2003 Black - 2001 Silver SMT

Readers Ride. viewtopic.php?f=88&t=56481

Carolyn

Postby Carolyn » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:21 pm

There's loads for sale right now. worst time to sell and the best time to buy.
Ignorance is somebody else not knowing that which I learned yesterday viewtopic.php?f=88&t=63866

rokz_2005

Postby rokz_2005 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:29 pm

Telling me. I got two n i cant sell one cos i won't get enough :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KTM_RIDER

Postby KTM_RIDER » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:27 am

Topdownman wrote:expect to need new tyres, suspension, brake overhaul unless there is proof this has recently been done.

I've added 2500 miles to the 62k miles 53 reg FL I bought 3 months ago and I don't doubt that the car would benefit from a refresh in all 3 of these areas.

However it is still both epic fun and feels very safe 99% of the time exactly as purchased (9 year old Bridgestones and I suspect 14 year old suspension).

The rare time it has shown its limitations are when trying to make swift progress on unfamiliar and badly surfaced roads when of course it is easier to get into trouble and refreshing the areas Topdownman mentions will do a better job of getting you out of it.

So, my point was that if you buy a decent example (and apply what used to be called a bit of common sense) you can safely enjoy the car from day one and work to address the areas mentioned over a suitable time frame.
Alan

2003 Blue FL / 2003 Red FL / 2000 Blue PFL
Fabia 1.4TDI PD / KTM 390 Duke / KTM 640 Duke 2

Ryderbike

Postby Ryderbike » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:09 am

Cheers to all for the warm welcome , starting to get a feel for what to look for , just waiting on the final bill for my Forester XT (head gaskets) before the search begins in earnest , wife wants a 2 seat convertible , it will primarily be her car and I think the MR2 is the pick of the bunch .
Doing as little as possible , if that .

Return to “Welcome to New Members, please introduce yourselves”