Height of accerator pedal

Started by Porker, April 24, 2021, 13:19

Porker

Has anyone succeeded in changing the height of the accerator pedal (when measured in terms of distance from the bulkhead)?

I find it quite uncomfortable when on small throttle settings, but fine from about halfway depressed, and am wondering if there's much modification potential which would give a "lower" pedal. I accept that this may well mean that there is a smaller pedal travel from zero to full throttle, but I don't think that would present any problem so long as the reduction is less than, say, 30-40% of the current travel.

Obviously I could move the seat back a notch, but I'm then too far from the pedals for effective clutch usage.

Dev

Not so much with the hight of the pedal but I have changed the range ridding myself of the dead band effect. 

This company sells a product that fits over the throttle rotor which has a different arc of motion. Basically giving you a greater percentage of throttle input in the first 50% of range and the ability to remove any throttle slack.
You cannot view this attachment.

I have a 2ZZ so it worked well with the one I purchased. They did make one for our car that is now discontinued that did not work  except for one person. However I think the company did it wrong and I have a feeling the one made for the Celica GT should work because there should be no difference between the 1ZZ throttle rotors for manual transmissions. It is still a risk that it might not work but its worth it if someone were to try it for the community.  It doesn't make the car any faster but it makes it feel like the car has a lot more torque when just driving around and giving it throttle inputs around turns but still feeling natural and not abrupt. 

https://weapon-r.com/collections/billet-throttle-rotor/products/2000-06-celica-gt-manual

Petrus

Why would it only work for manual?

I´d be game to try.

Dev

Quote from: Petrus on April 24, 2021, 14:50Why would it only work for manual?

I´d be game to try.

Good question. I would imagine it wouldn't  because the throttle rotor for automatic Celica cars use a different throttle body. I don't know.

For the SMT im not so sure it will work unless the throttle body is the same. You would have to observe the differences.

Tags: